Romantic Holiday Breaks and Cottages for Couples
Up until recently, our properties have all had at least 2 bedrooms - but some of you will only need one!
To recognise this, we have introduced several luxury cottages ideal for the romantic couple wanting to experience that romantic cottage holiday.
Coastal Retreats@The Viking, in a prominent location overlooking the harbour in Seahouses, is perfect for couples and small groups. Here we have a two bedroom apartment, Bluegrass which will appeal to those you love boutique hotel schemes and are looking for something a bit different from the norm.
- The Beach Pad, Seahouses - ground floor ultra contemporary apartment with sea views and a short walk from restaurants and pubs
- Coral Cottage at Budle Sands has two bedrooms and a lovely location within a small collection of renovated farm buidings. It makes an ideal cottage for couples. With a log fire and beatiful garden with superb sea views across Budle Bay towards Holy Island, this Coastal Retreat is proving popular.
- The Milking Parlour near Bamburgh - renovated barn for 2
- The New Dairy near Bamburgh - barn conversion, great for 2 - room for another if needed.
- The Lodge at Shirewater in Embleton is a stylish romantic cottage in the grounds of a late 1920's country house. With one bedroom it is ideal for couples and also for couples with a baby in tow.
- Flying Ducks - quirky and stylish stone cottage in quiet hamlet outside of Bamburgh
- The Forge, Tughall Steads. Small but beautifully formed studio style space with private garden overlooking fields
- The Alnmouth Boathouse is just a few steps from the seafront in this lovely coastal village with sea views from the upstairs living room, just a short walk from pub and restaurant
For more properties in the North East of England ideal for couples, see our sister website,
- Budle Falls which has its very own waterfall and Budle Haugh is on the same coastal farmstead
- The Old Paper Mill is a luxury woodland bolthole in the Durham countryside, which allows you to retreat from the hustle and bustle of everyday life in style but with all the benefits of city living (Newcastle and Durham) only a short drive away.
- Spring Cottage is lovely 2 bedroomed property in North Yorkshire close to the award winning restaurant at the Star Inn at Harome.
- Tweedswood - near Melrose in the Scottish Borders - everything a country cottage retreat should be...and more. Sleeps up to 4 in 2 bedrooms
We can also make an offer to couples wishing to book any of our larger properties at certain times of year (Grade D and above properties) - For couples booking these luxury cottages and only using the one bedroom, we will be delighted to offer 10% off the published price.To benefit from this offer, please make your booking by telephone or by e-mail, rather than online. And don't forget the other ways to make your romantic Coastal Retreats break more memorable.............
- We can arrange for dinner to be cooked discreetly by a professional chef in your cottage or have some specially prepared ready meals delivered to your door - simply heat up and serve or pop in the freezer for later.
- Your guest Ocean Leisure Club membership (at most of our Coastal cottages but not all) allows you to book a range of massage and relaxation therapies, see www.ocean-club.co.uk for further information.
- We can arrange flower bouquets, gourmet food hampers, wine tasting or have a case of carefully selected wine waiting for you. Just ask!