The Wood Store
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bath/Shower rooms||Outside||Price Band||Beach||Leisure Club Membership||Pets|
|6||3||2||Private patio and parking||B1||5 min drive||Yes||Yes £25 charge applies
A cosy, yet spacious, converted barn on this relaxed coastal farm steading where we have a number of other Coastal Retreats. Light and contemporary interior with more than a few allusions to its Wood Store name in the design scheme. Would be equally suited to couple or family holidaying alike.
- Entrance hallway
- Ground floor double bedroom
- Adjacent ground floor shower room
- Living room with wood burning stove
- Spacious dining kitchen with table to sit 8
- Double bedroom with king sized bed
- Twin bedroom
- Family bathroom with shower over bath
- Private parking for up to 2/3 cars
- Private patio area with BBQ, table and chairs
Special feel and features of The Wood Store
- Good sized dining kitchen with farmhouse table to sit 8 and exposed roof trusses. Access to open patio
- Integrated electric oven and hob. fridge/freezer, second fridge, dishwasher, microwave and washing machine
- Ground floor double bedroom may suit those less mobile guests or those wanting a little independence from the other guests.
- Cosy living room with contemporary logburner with feature 'Log store' wallpaper, comfy seating, flat screen TV, Blu-ray dvd player, CD player and Ipod dock
- Newly refurbished featuring some striking wallpapers by Ralph Lauren 'Plaid' and Conran
- Bedrooms TVs in twin room and ground floor double
Children at The Wood Store
Children are welcome at this property and would particularly enjoy the relaxed communal feel of Tughall Steads when there are plenty of children to play together. There is no garden or games room so it falls short of our 5 starfish rating but is very child-friendly. A travel cot, highchair and stairgate are available on request.
Pets at The Wood Store
The Wood Store is one of our pet-friendly cottages.
PLEASE NOTE - In the interests of the cottages, and future guests, we respectfully ask that, before bringing a pet to one of our cottages, guests will read and accept our Conditions of Stay
Location and Locality (Map)
The hamlet of Tughall Steads is a collection of converted stone farm buildings and is mainly holiday homes. The houses are surrounded by open countryside and a 5 minute drive will take you to the beach at either Beadnell or Newton by the sea. It is ideally situated for access to Bamburgh to the north and Craster to the south. It is located near to our other cottages High Mill, The Hemmel, The Granary and Moo House and works particularly well with High Mill
For a plan of how the cottages are situated at Tughall Steads, Click Here
If you happen to look at Tughall Steads on google earth, please note the apparent 'airstrip' shown nearby was last used in 1948
Coastal Retreats recommends...
Ideal for a family holiday. Would suit a party where a slightly separate or ground floor bedroom and bathing facilities would be required. Works well when booked with High Mill for a large party as they are just metres away from each other. Also works well for couples who want a bit more space than a one bedroom property.
Coastal Retreats Candid Comments (Giving you the only down sides we can think of about a property before you book!)
There is no garden at The Wood Store but there is a private outdoor sitting/dining area and Tughall Steads has the benefit of communal space and access to footpaths so walking the dog should never be a problem. The ground floor bedroom has a double, not king sized bed (but its a good quality bed with a king size duvet so a good night's sleep is still guaranteed)
|Seasons 2013||Short Break||7 Nights|
|Seasons 2014||Short Break||7 Nights|