|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bath/Shower Rooms||Pets||Price Band||Outdoor||Leisure Club Membership|
|8||3||2||No||E||Private parking and large garden||Yes|
Please note that the living room now has new sofas and has been redecorated and the twin room now has 2 sets of bunk beds since this video tour was shot
Furnished, equipped, styled and presented to 5 star GOLD standards set by Visit Britain and awarded a top notch GOLD award by Coastal Retreats for 2013
A cow byre in times gone by, this property, whilst still being true to its original character, is now a stunning detached holiday home. This single storey stone cottage has a very private position in the attractive farm hamlet of Tughall Steads, minutes from the coast. Approached through a private gateway to one side of the other dwellings in the hamlet, visitors are at first struck by the impressive ½ acre landscaped garden with commanding views over the neighbouring countryside. Its spacious indoor and outdoor accommodation, coupled with the highest quality interior fittings, make this a most sought after Coastal Retreat.
For further images of the Croft, please see The Gallery
For a walk through interior tour of the Croft see Virtual Tours
- Luxury kitchen/ dining room with large oak table for 8 people
- Large lounge with comfy seating and log burner
- Utility room with additional fridge freezer, Washing Machine, Dryer and wash basin
- Master bedroom with superking sized bed and en-suite shower room
- Second double bedroom with king size bed
- 1 bedroom with two sets of bunk beds
- Family bathroom with shower over bath
- Huge 1/2 acre garden with wooden play equipment
- Detached well equipped games room
- Entrance hallway with cloakroom/WC
- Large driveway for parking of several cars
- Fabulous bespoke dining kitchen with black Aga, separate double oven, flat screen TV, fully integrated appliances, iPad/iPod dock and door to patio and garden
- Original beams, stone lintels and hemmel arches
- Boutique style wallpapers on bedroom walls, complementing the soft furnishings and forming a contrast with the original features of the building
- Large living room with inglenook fireplace and cast iron log burner, 3D LED TV, PS3/Blu-ray DVD and patio doors to garden and outside dining area
- Large selection of DVDs, books and games. CD/radio with iPod connection.
- Master bedroom with superking sized bed and ensuite shower room, iPod DAB radio dock and TV
- Family bathroom with pod bath with shower over
- Additional cloakroom/wc
- Original local artwork throughout
- Superb large enclosed garden with patio and outdoor furniture and BBQ
- Large timber play equipment with slide/swings, trampoline and range of outdoor toys ( use at own risk)
- Detached storage/games room with full size table tennis table, air hockey table, dart board, table football and sofa (you will of course never see your children if you stay here!)
- Open countryside views
- Ideal countryside location yet only 5 minutes from the beach
- Ample parking for cars, small boats and bikes
- Full central heating throughout plus Aga in kitchen/dining room and log burner in lounge
- Outside tap for washing wetsuits, buckets & spades etc.
- 2 x Adult bikes and 3 x children’s bikes available(checked regularly but please repair any punctures!) Helmets not provided so please bring your own
- Free WiFi broadband access
- Detached property with private access
- Ocean Leisure Club membership
Children at The Croft
The outdoor space is safe, enclosed and superb for playing and the latest addition of timber play equipment is proving a hit with youngsters. The children's bedroom sleeps up to 4 in ever popular bunk beds. The accommodation is all on one floor so no stairs for daring toddlers! The Croft is perfect for parties, especially garden parties and barbies. Bring a tent and some friends, book one of our caterers and host your own garden party...... Lots of toys, trampoline, climbing frame, bikes and play equipment for use at your own risk. One or 2 bicycle helmets there but not for every size and need so please feel free to bring your own!
The Croft is perfect for parties, especially garden parties and barbies. Bring a tent and some friends, book one of our caterers and host your own garden party...... Lots of toys, trampoline, climbing frame, bikes and play equipment for use at your own risk. One or 2 bicycle helmets there but not for every size and need so please feel free to bring your own!
Travel cot and highchair available on request
Coastal Retreats Candid Comments (Giving you the only down sides we can think of about a property before you book!)
'A breath of fresh air - other holdiay companies don't measure up!'
'Amazing place to stay, even the gorgous photos on your website don't do this place justice. It was full of wow features. We'll be back next year'
'Loved it, you guys have it so sussed!'
'We've had such a wonderful holiday, our first in Northumberland. We can't work out why we hadn't been tempted to visit Northumberland before. We're so pleased our friends recommended Coastal Retreats. We were promised a first class property and first class service from the staff at Coastal Retreats and we have not been disappointed. We will be telling our friends about this area and about your agency. It really has been a superb holiday and we're all going home feeling so much more relaxed and refreshed, ready to face the vigours of life once more!'
'What a luxury to have an aga and a normal cooker'
'A fabulous holiday with such spacious accommodation - both inside and out. We loved the glamorous master bedroom!'
'This has been one of the most relaxing holidays I've ever had and none of us want to go home. Any chance of a few more nights?'
'We used the Croft as the main house and our friends and family members stayed at other Coastal Retreat cottages at Tughall. The week worked perfectly and my husbands 60th birthday party was a real success. Thanks for the caterers, the florist and to Fiona & staff for organising so much for us including the kite surfing lessons'
If you happen to look at Tughall Steads on google earth, please note the apparent 'airstrip' shown nearby was last used in 1948.
Price Guide £ Sterling
|Seasons 2014||Short Break||7 Nights|