|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bath/Shower rooms||Pets||Sea||Price Band||Leisure Club membership|
|6 + 2 toddlers||3 + small kids' bunk room||3||Yes, by arrangement||2 min walk||C||Yes|
Furnished, equipped, styled and presented to a 5 star Visit Britain standards and awarded a Coastal Retreats BRONZE award for 2013
- Open plan lounge/dining/kitchen with enamel log burner, comfy seating, stripped wooden flooring, range cooker, halogen spot lighting and patio doors to outdoor eating area and to the detached garden
- Utility/laundry room
- Downstairs WC
- Entrance porch/sun room with seating
- Parking for one car outside the cottage and one car a few paces away
- Ground floor double bedroom with small ensuite shower room
- First floor master bedroom with king size bed and ensuite shower room
- Twin room
- Compact family bathroom with freestanding roll top bath
- Small kids play room with additional full size bunk beds more suitable for toddlers
- Detached secret garden with play areas, fabulous views over the village and over the harbour and coastline
- Please note this cottage has a combination of night storage heating, underfloor heating and electric towel radiators
- Please note that mobile reception almost impossible in Craster but there is a landline at this property
Special features and feel of this property
- Enamel log burner
- Bike store
- Interesting garden with sea views
- Sunny entrance porch with seating
- Period furniture with contemporary touches
- Unusual original artwork
- Free wifi access/phone
- Free standing bath
- Range cooker in well equipped kitchen
- Large dining table to sit 8
- Key safe entry system
- Patio area with table and chairs
- Raised decking area in the garden to give even better sea and village views
- Heating is by electric night storage heating, underfloor heating in kitchen/dining room plus a large log burner in open plan lounge/kitchen/dining room
- Handy cottage for access to the newly refurbished Jolly Fisherman pub with fab sea views
Location and Locality
Down a small back lane in Craster just a couple of minutes' walk from the local pub, art gallery and cafe, and of course from the sea front. Sea views over the harbour from the rear garden sitting area.
Children at Coastguard's Cottage
Kids' play room. Lovely garden with play equipment to suit children of all ages.
This garden is not visible from the house so just falls short of our 5 starfish rating. Nevertheless excellent facilities for children. Travel cot and highchair available on request.
Ideal for families with children who will appreciate the great garden. With two double bedrooms, the Coastguards Cottage also works well for two couples.
Booked with the Harbour Master's House which is just a 30 second walk away, the two cottages will work well for two families holidaying together.
Coastal Retreats Candid Comments (Giving you the only down sides we can think of about a property before you book!)
Price Guide 2012/13 £ Sterling
Tarif Group C
|Season||Short Break||7 Nights|
'Loved the quiet location, the characterful touches around the house and most of all, the hidden garden'
' We spent most evenings at the top of the garden admiring the view and drinking wine - perfect holiday!'
'a really good value property. Thanks for pointing us in the direction of the Coastguards'
'This is the 3rd Coastal Retreats holiday. The dilema for next year is whether to come back here or to try yet another of Fiona's fabulous boltholes. Might have to let the kids decide! They really don't want to go home from here...'
' just wanted to thank you and your team for another great holiday in one of your lovely properties, we think coastguards is our favourite so far.'