The Clock House
|Sleeps||Bedrooms||Bath/Shower rooms||Outside||Price Band||Beach||Leisure Club Membership||Pets|
|4||2||2||Private courtyard garden and parking for 2 cars||B1||<1 mile||Yes||No
Furnished, equipped, styled and presented to 5 star GOLD standards set by Visit Britain and awarded a GOLD award by Coastal Retreats for 2015
The Clock House offers interesting 3 storey holiday accommodation within a beautifully renovated farm building on the same 2012 development as Coastal Retreats' Bamburgh Coach House, Milking Parlour and New Dairy. This farm renovation, just outside of Bamburgh village, has been finished to a high standard using traditional crafts and materials and the interior does not disappoint. With top floor and ground floor bedrooms and bathrooms in The Clock House, guests can have a degree of independence whilst enjoying the middle floor living area together.
- Hallway with utlity/laundry room
- Ground floor bedroom (twin or superking, please stipulate on booking) with ensuite bathroom with shower over the bath
Staircase to First Floor
- Spacious open plan living/dining/kitchen area with living flame gas fire and west facing windows
Staircase to Top Floor
- Master bedroom suite with king-sized bed, large walk-in wardrobe, small sofa, ample space for a travel cot and an ensuite shower room
- Ample gravelled parking for 2/3 cars, planted area and generous, fenced paved patio area with outdoor patio table and chairs to sit 6
Special Features and feel of The Clock House
- High quality contemporary finish throughout with oak flooring, underfloor heating, travertine tiling, oak doors.
- First floor open plan living area with wall inset living flame gas fire and picture windows affording views to the Cheviot Hills. 3 seater sofa and 2 armchairs.
- 2 separate bedroom suites:
- Ground floor flexible twin or superking with ensuite (bath with shower over)
- 2nd Floor with king sized bed, walk-in-wardrobe, seating area and ensuite shower room with double shower
- High specification kitchen with Latte coloured shaker style units. Integrated dishwasher, electric oven with ceramic hob, fridge/freezer and microwave.
- Washing machine and additonal sink in ground floor utility room
- Ocean Leisure Club Guest Membership ( Entry fee applies)
Location and Locality (Map)
Just a mile outside of the very popular and picturesque village of Bamburgh with views from the approach to The Clock House to Bamburgh Castle and the sea. This cottage is located within a beautiful development of former farm buildings, at Glororum, completed in 2012. It sits on the same development as some of our other cottages The Milking Parlour , which sleeps 2, The Bamburgh Coach House ( sleeps 5), The New Dairy (sleeps 4) and The Chimney ( sleeps 8) - ideal for a group of people wanting to holiday in the same place but with their own separate space.
Coastal Retreats cottages at Glororum, Bamburgh
Children at The Clock House
Gains our 3 starfish child-friendly rating. Children are welcome at The Clock House, but 3 storey living with stairs, and the 2 bedrooms on separate floors, may make it less appealing for families with younger children. There are no special facilities for children in this cottage but the patio and gravelled areas are fenced so safe for playing. A travel cot, stairgate and highchair are available on request.
Rate Band B1
|Seasons 2015||Short Break||7 Nights|
Coastal Retreats Recommendations....
Ideal for 2 couples, or 2 singles, looking for very independent sleeping and bathing accommodation but wanting to holiday together. A couple on their own would find it spacious but not too big. Would also suit a small family, perhaps with older children, wanting to take advantage of the excellent location for proximity to Bamburgh but enjoy a little rural charm and peace.