5 things we love about Rosebud
1. Its views of Northumberland National Park by day and starry skies at night. Rosebud is at the edge of Northumberland’s dark sky park which means it is one of the best places in the UK for astronomy and a chance of seeing the Northern Lights, particularly in the winter months.
2. The fact that it has excellent views without compromising on heat and luxury. There’s a wood burning stove in the lounge if you don’t fancy venturing out into either of the two gardens to see those night skys, its all top notch facilities in the kitchen from a Smeg fridge to a Nespresso coffee machine and there’s bathrobes and slippers for guests staying in the master bedroom.
3. Gastro pub The Percy Arms is nearby for pub classics, made even more sumptuous by the fact that Coastal Retreats guests receive 15% off their meal.
4. It is a perfect hideout for couples (with an equally lovely twin room as well if you have to bring the kids) when you are in need of some recuperation.
5. Its country situ while still only being 15-20 minutes drive from the coast. If you’re up to the challenge you can join the popular St Cuthbert’s Way walk from Rosebud and walk all the way out to Holy Island.