- £1,220 per week
- £174 per night
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- No Pets
- Welcome pack
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 2 single beds
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 2 WCs
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Garden, courtyard or patio
- Private parking
- On one level, no stairs
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - please note
- Sorry, children (aged between 2 and 17) are not allowed at this property
- Check in: 4pm
- Check out: 10am
Read the full Access Statement for this property.
This ground floor Bamburgh holiday apartment embodies all the Northumbrian grandeur of its breathtaking location, at the foot of Bamburgh Castle. Guests will appreciate the tasteful furnishings throughout the accommodation, but the main focal point is the spectacular view, taking the eye through the glazed doors of the living room, out to the private patio, the cricket pitch and beyond to the magnificent castle.
As a neighbour to the home of former kings, you may be forgiven for feeling like royalty at Bamburgh Five. Throw open the patio doors and enjoy the scenery from the comfort of the sofa, or dine al fresco and feel the majesty of your surroundings. Inside the apartment, luxurious touches add to the superior ambience such as the underfloor heating in both of the bath and shower rooms, the original artwork throughout and the beautifully crafted plantation shutters. A contemporary electric flame wall fire adds a cosy feel in the cooler months.
Just steps outside of this decadent apartment, you'll find that, in addition to the castle, Bamburgh village has delightful shops, gourmet restaurants and the vast white sands of Bamburgh beach, all within easy walking distance.
- Spectacular uninterrupted views of Bamburgh Castle
- Village location with shops, restaurants, the castle and beach a short walk away
- Single storey, ground floor apartment
- Private patio with garden furniture
- Use of communal professionally landscaped garden in the shadow of the castle
- Underfloor heating in the two bath/shower rooms
- Original artwork throughout
- Leisure club membership (admission fee applies)
All single storey
- There are steps down to the entrance, but then it is one level
- Open plan living space with kitchen area and separate dining room, both with direct views of Bamburgh Castle
- Master bedroom with king-sized bed and ensuite shower room
- 2nd bedroom with twin beds
- Family bathroom with bath and separate shower
- Utility cupboard off the hallway with washer/dryer
- Spacious hallway
- Private patio area with garden furniture
- Use of communal gardens
- Dedicated covered parking for one car + communal visitor parking
- Full central heating
- Underfloor heating in bathrooms
- Bedding and bath towels
- Starter supply of kitchen roll, dishwasher tablets, toilet roll, washing up liquid, salt and pepper
- Sewing kit
- First Aid kit
- Travel cot and high chair
- Cooker and hob
- Kitchen and tableware
- Coffee maker
- Iron and ironing board
- Vacuum cleaner
- Mop, bucket, dustpan and brush
- Tea towels
- Oven gloves
- Smart TV
- Books and magazines
- Landline telephone with an honesty box
- Outdoor table and seating
- Key safe for independent arrival
- Leisure club membership (small entry charge applies)
AVAILABLE BY REQUEST
Extra linen and towels (charges apply)
Dressing up box for children
Set in communal grounds with one designated parking bay but additional cars must take their chance on visitor parking spaces being available or park nearby in the village. You have a private dining terrace but barbecues are not permitted on the grounds.
We also ask guests to be aware that this is a ground floor apartment and that noise may occasionally be heard from the apartment above and this is very much dependent on the individual and is a characteristic of apartment living.
The twin bedroom has wardrobe space in the hallway and not in the bedroom although there is a chest of drawers.
Be aware that mobile reception is almost impossible in Bamburgh.
Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
Bamburgh Five is really only suitable for a babe in arms.
Electric vehicle charging is not available at this Retreat. However, there are EV charging points at Links Road Car Park in Bamburgh and at Seafield Car Park in Seahouses.
IN THE PRESS
One of Living North magazine's 'Favourite Staycations'.
Fantastic apartment. Better than we expected. Slept like a log and really felt like I had had a holiday. So relaxing. Will return soon.
Great location meant we didn't use the car for the first two days. This has been a really successful holiday. Our first time with Coastal Retreats and not the last.
Gorgeous, comfortable, luxurious, stunning views, brilliant location...running out of words...perfect holiday and loved all the little touches in the apartment. So much thought has gone into making this into a very special home.
Super service by the girls in the Coastal Retreats office. All super friendly and they know their stuff. Very informative and seem to know their cottages inside out. They answered all of our questions with patience and understanding. We've already recommended you to our friends and we are looking to make a return visit next year. Perhaps we'll try Bamburgh Six and bring some friends.
Bamburgh Five sits among other apartments in private grounds in the shadow of the castle and close to village amenities. Within Bamburgh itself are one or two gift and antique shops, pubs, restaurants and tea shops. The old church is central to the village and the famous Grace Darling Museum attracts visitors with its story of maritime heroism. The local tennis court is just paces from Bamburgh Five - pick up the keys from the Victoria Hotel. It is advisable to book ahead in the summer and during Wimbledon weeks.
Situated next door to another Coastal Retreat, Bamburgh Six. When booked together, they can sleep up to 10 guests.