- £797 per week
- £114 per night
- 6 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Pets
- Open fire or woodburner
- Welcome pack
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 1 double bed
- 2 single beds
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Garden, courtyard or patio
- Private parking
- Rural location
- Walk-in shower
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 10:00am
Read the full Access Statement for this property.
The cosy forest lodge style interior of this barn conversion makes it a year round escape. Echoes of its name feature throughout from the lounge’s feature log wallpaper behind the wood-burning stove to the exposed beams in the farmhouse kitchen. Situated on the coastal farm steading of Tughall Steads, some of Northumberland's best beaches are close by at Beadnell and Newton.
On approaching The Wood Store, you'll be greeted by a professionally designed coastal style garden, creating a small oasis just steps from the kitchen door. Enter the farmhouse kitchen and you'll see how perfect it is for family meals with its large table seating up to eight guests. Some exquisite Ralph Lauren and Conran wallpapers have recently been added to the upstairs bedrooms lending a designer touch to this getaway. Of the three bedrooms at The Wood Store, one double is situated on the ground floor with an adjacent shower room, ideal for less mobile guests.
*Please note, the photos and the video tour was taken before the garden redesign and 2019 kitchen and bathroom refurbishment had taken place.
- Pet friendly barn conversion within the coastal hamlet of Tughall Steads
- Dining kitchen, recently refurbished, with farmhouse table to seat eight and exposed roof trusses and door to patio
- Ground floor double bedroom adjacent to shower room may suit less mobile guests
- Cosy living room with contemporary log burner with feature 'log store' wallpaper and comfy seating
- Pretty professionally designed garden area with table and chairs
- Additional bedroom TVs in twin room and ground floor double
- Entrance hallway
- Ground floor double bedroom
- Adjacent ground floor shower room
- Cosy living room with wood burning stove
- Spacious contemporary grey painted kitchen with granite worktops, wine cooler and table to seat eight
- Double bedroom with king sized bed
- Twin bedroom
- Gorgeous spacious walk-in shower
- Private parking for up to 2/3 cars
- Private patio area with table and chairs
- Oil central heating
- Log burner with a starter supply of logs
- Bedding and bath towels
- Starter supply of kitchen roll, dishwasher tablets, toilet roll, washing up liquid, salt and pepper
- Sewing kit
- First Aid kit
- Travel cot and high chair
- Cooker and hob
- Wine cooler
- Kitchen and tableware
- Coffee maker
- Iron and ironing board
- Vacuum cleaner
- Mop, bucket, dustpan and brush
- Tea towels
- Dish cloths
- Oven gloves
- Smart TV and TVs in two bedrooms
- Books and magazines
- Landline telephone with honesty box
- Toys and games
- Outdoor table and chairs
- Key safe for independent arrival
AVAILABLE BY REQUEST
Extra linen and towels (charges apply)
There is no lawned garden at The Wood Store but there is a lovely enclosed private outdoor sitting/dining area, with views to the fields, and Tughall Steads has the benefit of communal space and access to footpaths so walking the dog should never be a problem.
A gorgeous spacious walk in shower and a ground floor shower are provided here, but there is no bath for those who like a soak in the tub.
Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
It is suitable for children of all ages and includes a small private patio garden (not large enough for ball games), but there are communal areas at Tughall Steads where they can play and meet other children.
Just perfect for our family especially with the downstairs bedroom when the grandparents came to stay.
Loved the design of the outdoor space - may try to replicate that at home!
A really cosy space, and we really enjoyed the relaxed feel at Tughall Steads - a location we wouldn't have thought of before.
Very comfortable and well equipped cottage in a good location for Northumberland’s attractions with the added bonus that we could bring our dog!
Excellent accommodation. The area is really interesting. We've had a great holiday enjoyed by all ages in our family.
Lovely décor. Like being in a magazine. Loved the unusual wallpapers and the beams. The log burner was so cosy. For a September holiday it was nice to have the option of putting the fire on if we needed it. Only lit it twice but it was very cosy (and very warm). Tughall Steads is a lovely place to holiday, especially for those with young children.
Excellent cottage and very well equipped. Your properties look well kitted out, well maintained and in good locations. Website good too.
If you happen to look at Tughall Steads on Google Earth, please note that the apparent 'airstrip' shown nearby was last used in 1948!
For further information on the area, see our Tughall Steads and Newton by the sea section.
Where to find The Wood Store at Tughall Steads