- £797 per week
- £114 per night
- 6 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- No Pets
- Open fire or woodburner
- Welcome pack
- Countryside views
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 2 king/super-king beds
- 2 single beds
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 2 WCs
- Towels provided
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Garden, courtyard or patio
- Private parking
- Secure bicycle storage
- Rural location
- Walk-in shower
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - please note
- Check in: 4pm
- Check out: 10am
Read the full Access Statement for this property.
Driftwood is ideal for young families, couples and groups. With its light and airy feel and lots of nautical touches, you get a real sense of staying by the sea. Cream, linen and soft blues are used to great effect and the soft furnishings complement the space and furniture beautifully. Just one mile from Beadnell Beach, it is centrally located on the Northumberland coast within easy access of all the attractions.
Nestled in between two of our other Retreats in a row of farm cottages, Driftwood is a treasure trove of comforts. Its personality is evident from the moment you walk through the door, with nods to its coastal location in many of the rooms. The cream enamel log burner is the feature of the lounge ensuring this is an enjoyable cottage to stay in all year round. In fact holidaying here is a breeze as the small details have been taken care of such as the many DVDs, dressing up box and games for the children, to the beach equipment for lazy days on the sands. Lovely private garden.
Deceptively large and built in stone on the site of four derelict farm cottages, it can also be booked along with adjoining Nook End or Seasalt for a large family holiday, or with friends. Together they can accommodate up to 18 guests.
- Family friendly cottage just one mile from Beadnell Beach
- Spacious living room with log burner, board games, DVDs, plus doors to the garden
- Fabulous children's room with galley bed
- Distant sea views from the front of Driftwood
- Private enclosed lawned garden with table and chairs
- Use of shared large lawned garden with Wendy house, football goal and sandpit, as well as the garden pod (not available for holidays after January 2022)
- Outside tap for washing bikes, wellies, buckets & spades etc
- Can be booked with neighbouring Seasalt or Nook End
- Private leisure club membership (entry fee applies)
- Garage for storage of bikes, small boats, kayaks etc
- Large lounge with comfy sofas, cream enamel log burner, patio doors to rear decking and private garden
- Kitchen/dining room with distant views of Beadnell Bay
- Separate shower room & WC on ground floor with large walk in shower
- Utility area with sink and washer/dryer
- Main bedroom with king size bed
- Second bedroom with king size bed
- 1 twin room with single bed and handmade galley bed (this bed is more suitable for children, although it is a full size single bed)
- Family bathroom with hand shower over bath (limited head room)
- Private enclosed rear garden with patio furniture
- Further large garden with popular garden pod and children's play equipment (not available after January 2022)
- Parking for up to 2 cars
- Garage for storage of bikes & boogie boards
- Oil central heating
- Log burner with starter supply of logs
- Bedding and bath towels
- Starter supply of kitchen roll, dishwasher tablets, toilet roll, washing up liquid, salt and pepper
- Sewing kit
- First Aid kit
- Travel cot and high chair
- Cooker and hob
- Kitchen and tableware
- Coffee maker
- Cool box
- Iron and ironing board
- Vacuum cleaner
- Mop, bucket, dustpan and brush
- Tea towels
- Dish cloths
- Oven gloves
- Smart TV
- Books and magazines
- Landline telephone with honesty box
- Outdoor table and seating
- Outside tap
- Garage for storage of bikes and sports equipment
- Key safe for independent arrival
- Leisure club membership (small entry charge applies)
AVAILABLE BY REQUEST
Extra linen and towels (charges apply)
The shower room is on the ground floor with the small bathroom upstairs. This is in the eaves so our taller guests need to be forewarned.
The large shared garden, exclusively for Nook end, Seasalt and Driftwood, is located across the service drive from the cottages, so not ideal for unsupervised toddlers. Vehicles do use the road so please be careful. Ideal for older children as they can have some independence from the grown ups. Driftwood does have its own private garden too.
Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
The five star rating says it all - children whatever their age will love the space; the swings, the Wendy House and the trampoline, plus the indoor toys and games.
Driftwood was beautifully presented and spotless - it was lovely to arrive at such a great property. So often self catering properties are not as nice as their description, but Driftwood was even better than we were hoping for! We'll definitely be recommending to our friends!
Many thanks for providing such a lovely, well equipped (better than my house!), well presented, comfortable and chintz free 'Driftwood' cottage. It was a real treat, a great weekend with friends and everybody thoroughly enjoyed our stay, even the weather was fine. I will definitely be back and will also be recommending your beautiful cottages to friends and family. Once again, a huge thank you for helping to make the birthday weekend very special!
The huge garden has been a big hit with our three children. They even preferred this to the beach! We had picnics on the grass, played in the Wendy House and we adults even enjoyed the odd bounce on the trampoline. The garden pod is gorgeous and we used it every day. Thanks again for all the thoughtful touches.
For further information on the area, see our Beadnell section.