- £729 per week
- £104 per night
- 6 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- No Pets
- Open fire or woodburner
- Welcome pack
- Countryside views
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 2 king/super-king beds
- 1 bunk bed
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 2 WCs
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Garden, courtyard or patio
- Rural location
- On one level, no stairs
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - please note
- Check in: 4pm
- Check out: 10am
Read the full Access Statement for this property.
A charming cottage with a whimsical interior of floral wallpapers, rich tartan fabrics and cosy nooks, Garden Cottage has a quintessential country cottage feel. Its front and rear gardens, as its name suggests, is where it excels. One garden has a patio table and chairs where you can pitch yourself for the day and look out across the countryside, while the other keeps our junior guests amused with timber play equipment and a Wendy House.
Inside Garden Cottage you’ll find oodles of traditional features throughout this single-storey former farm worker’s cottage, with the stone inglenook fireplace and log burner a particular highlight. Five minutes drive away are the coastal villages of Newton and Beadnell and their excellent beaches, or head inland to the town of Alnwick with its famous 'Harry Potter' castle and Gardens with treehouse, bamboo maze and water features.
Garden Cottage sits next to two of our other Retreats, The Forge and The Smithy and is often booked with either or both for two or three families holidaying together.
- Former farm worker's cottage within the coastal hamlet of Tughall Steads
- A short drive from Beadnell and Newton beaches
- Master bedroom with ensuite jack and jilled to the children's bunk-bedded room with TV
- Original stone inglenook fireplace with log burner
- Gardens front and rear with outdoor furniture and play equipment
- Lovely countryside views towards the coast, just a mile away
- Private leisure club membership (entry fee applies)
All single storey (although a couple of steps up to living room)
- Lounge/dining room
- Well equipped galley kitchen
- A cosy master bedroom with king sized bed and lovely ensuite shower room which is 'Jack and Jilled' to the children's bedroom
- Children's room with bunk beds and TV
- Small double bedroom with king sized bed leading off the lounge
- Family bathroom with shower over bath
- Utility room in the outhouse with freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer
- Two gardens, one with table & chairs, the other with Wendy house and play equipment
- Private parking for two cars.
For further information on how Garden Cottage sits in relation to the other cottages here, see the adjacent aerial photo and site plan
- Oli central heating
- Log burner with starter supply of logs
- Bedding and bath towels
- Starter supply of kitchen roll, dishwasher tablets, toilet roll, washing up liquid, salt and pepper
- Sewing kit
- First Aid kit
- Travel cot and high chair
- Cooker and hob
- Kitchen and tableware
- Nespresso machine
- Washing machine and tumble dryer
- Iron and ironing board
- Vacuum cleaner
- Mop, bucket, dustpan and brush
- Tea towels
- Dish cloths
- Oven gloves
- Smart TV in lounge and bedroom
- Books and magazines
- Landline telephone with honesty box
- Toys and games
- Outdoor table and chairs
- Outdoor play equipment
- Key safe for independent arrival
- Leisure club membership (small entry charge applies)
AVAILABLE BY REQUEST
Extra linen and towels (charges apply)
The second fridge, freezer, washer and tumble dryer are in the separate outhouse. Not ideal if its raining and you need access to the ice cubes! (there is a freezer box in the underbench kitchen fridge though). There are enough beds for four adults and two children but the living space is compact for that number of people.
Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
It is suitable for children of all ages and includes two private gardens with outdoor play equipment and toys and games.
The ensuite bathroom works very well for families with children, leaving the second bathroom for guests in the second double bedroom.
The Garden Cottage was just the retreat we needed as a young family. I would even say that for once we wouldn't have minded if the weather was poor, as relaxing in this gorgeous cottage was just great! This holiday has also introduced us to a wonderful part of Britain and we look forward to exploring this region time and time again!
After a long journey, it was a delight to arrive here and to experience the welcome of Garden Cottage. Everyday, it was a delight to wake up here and then to return here after a day out. The children loved it all. Addressing the needs of children in so many ways (even nappies in the emergency box), was just wonderful.
Our children think this cottage is their second home. It feels like home and we relax the moment we step inside. When we ask the boys where they would like to go for their holidays, we get a resounding GARDEN COTTAGE. Looks like we'll be coming back next year again.
Homely, unpretentious, cosy, warm, tasteful and set in our favourite part of the country.
For further information on the area, see our Tughall Steads section.
Where to find Garden Cottage at Tughall Steads