- £729 per week
- £104 per night
- 7 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Pets
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Open fire or woodburner
- Welcome pack
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 2 double beds
- 1 single bed
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 3 WCs
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Outdoor storage
- Private parking
- Secure bicycle storage
- Ground floor WC
Important - please note
- Check in: 4pm
- Check out: 10am
Read the full Access Statement for this property.
A minute’s walk from the sea and close to the harbour, restaurants, shops and golf course of this buzzing fishing village, Seafarer's is a traditional cottage with a distinct arty feel in the old quarter of Seahouses.
A lovely base for a holiday due to its proximity to some of Northumberland's main attractions - The Farne Islands and Bamburgh Castle - Seafarer's has the hallmark Coastal Retreats attention to detail and styling apparent in the light open-plan ground floor living space with wood-burning stove. Its owners, who work in the arts, have selected some of their favourite artworks for the walls, and a guitar and accordian are there for those of a musical bent. Bedrooms have views over the rooftops and caravans towards the sea, rocks and harbour and the flexible sleeping accommodation of the third bedroom with its double and single beds makes it ideal for a number of children to share or a family group. A true home-from-home retreat.
- Open plan living/dining/kitchen with log burner
- Master bedroom with ensuite, a double room and a family room
- Small outdoor seating area at the front of the cottage
- Close to Seahouses beach, pubs, harbour, shops and restaurants
- Leisure club membership (entry fee applies)
- Open plan living room/kitchen/dining room
- Hallway with downstairs toilet
- Utility/store room accessed from kitchen
- Master bedroom with king size bed, ensuite bathroom with shower over bath and space for a travel cot
- Second double bedroom
- Large family room with both a double and single beds. Also perfect as a children's bedroom
- Family bathroom with shower over bath
- Parking for one car in the small courtyard to the rear of the property
- Very small area to the front with garden seat
- Electric and underfloor heating
- Log burner with a starter supply of logs
- Bedding and bath towels
- Starter supply of kitchen roll, dishwasher tablets, toilet roll, washing up liquid, salt and pepper
- Sewing kit
- First Aid kit
- Travel cot and high chair
- Cooker and hob
- Kitchen and tableware
- Coffee maker
- Iron and ironing board
- Vacuum cleaner
- Mop, bucket, dustpan and brush
- Tea towels
- Dish cloths
- Oven gloves
- Smart TV
- Books and magazines
- Guitar and accordion
- Landline telephone with honesty box
- Outdoor seating
- Key safe for independent arrival
- Leisure club membership (small entry charge applies)
AVAILABLE BY REQUEST
Extra linen and towels (charges apply)
Allocated parking for one car (on street parking for additional vehicles). No garden or patio, but there is a bench outside the front door to sit and watch the world go by.
A caravan park is within sight of the front door so may not be everyone's cup of tea, but you are central for all the other amenities. The decor is more friendly and homely than plush and designer.
Mobile reception is almost impossible at Seafarer's and in Seahouses in general.
Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
With no private outdoor space, Seafarer's is less suitable for toddlers but older children will love being so close to the beach and Seahouses' shops, crazy golf and amusements.
This has been a really lovely holiday, despite the weather. It was so nice coming off the boat and walking two minutes up the hill to a warm and cosy cottage. We lit the log burner every night and sat round the table drinking wine and playing scrabble...marvellous, thank you.
Being next to Swallow Fish has meant we have eaten beautiful fresh fish all week long.
A great cottage, reasonably priced and superb value for money for our family of seven. You have some great cottages and we had great fun going round Seahouses and Craster, spotting the Coastal Retreats. We liked the fact that we could just walk out to the village and really enjoyed the Olde Ship Hotel. We felt like locals by the end of the holiday.
For further details on the area, see our Seahouses section.