- £797 per week
- £114 per night
- 6 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- No Pets
- Open fire or woodburner
- Welcome pack
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 2 king/super-king beds
- 2 single beds
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 2 WCs
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Garden, courtyard or patio
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Private parking
- Rural location
- Walk-in shower
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - please note
- Check in: 4pm
- Check out: 10am
Read the full Access Statement for this property.
Owned by travel and design lovers, Samphire Barn's interior takes inspiration from beach and coastal properties around the world mixing coral, grey, blue and samphire greens with driftwood pieces, and the owner's striking display of beautifully framed sea shells, collected from the tropical beaches of East Africa and the Seychelles.
Formerly The Studio, Samphire Barn underwent a remarkable refurbishment in 2020 retaining its original roof timbers and spacious feel but adding in rich and refined furnishings against a backdrop of pure white walls and tastefully chosen artwork. Both the large dining kitchen and living room with its high ceiling and feature log burner create a feeling of lightness throughout. The mezzanine bedroom overlooking the lounge has been cleverly designed with a glass wall to benefit from fantastic overhead views of the space below as well as maintaining privacy. A fun and quirky space which will delight young and old. The master bedroom has also undergone a transformation with the addition of an ensuite shower and walk-in wardrobe.
Outside, the courtyard garden has an array of colourful plants and flowers, and the surrounding countryside is perfect for evening strolls nearby. A little further afield from Tughall Steads is Beadnell and Newton beaches, and some great restaurants for dining out.
Please note a new video tour will follow shortly.
- Barn conversion within the coastal hamlet of Tughall Steads
- A short drive from Beadnell and Newton beaches
- Superb double height living area with log burner and sumptuous velvet sofas
- Dining kitchen with silestone worktops, American style fridge freezer and integrated appliances
- Quirky twin bedroom in the roof with glazed panelling to living room (please note low ceilings!)
- Courtyard style garden off the kitchen with outdoor table and chairs
- Private leisure club membership (entry fee applies)
- Entrance hallway
- Dining kitchen with dishwasher, washer/dryer, fridge/freezer, microwave
- Living room with velvet sofas and log burner
- House bathroom with bath and shower over the bath
- Double bedroom with king size bed
- Master bedroom with king size bed and ensuite shower room
- Mezzanine floor
- Additional quirky twin bedroom (Please note the low ceilings and limited wardrobe space)
- To the front there is a small lawn and private parking for two cars
- To the rear is an enclosed private courtyard garden with coastal planting and sitting area
- Oil central heating
- Log burner with a starter supply of logs
- Bedding and bath towels
- Starter supply of kitchen roll, dishwasher tablets, toilet roll, washing up liquid, salt and pepper
- Sewing kit
- First Aid kit
- Travel cot and high chair
- Cooker and hob
- American style fridge/freezer
- Kitchen and tableware
- Dolce Gusto coffee machine (remember to bring your coffee pods)
- Iron and ironing board
- Vacuum cleaner
- Mop, bucket, dustpan and brush
- Tea towels
- Dish cloths
- Oven gloves
- Smart TV
- Books and magazines
- Landline telephone with honesty box
- Toys and games
- Outdoor table and chairs
- Key safe for independent arrival
- Leisure club membership (small entry charge applies)
AVAILABLE BY REQUEST
Extra linen and towels (charges apply)
The mezzanine room has limited headroom and the space is quirky.
Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
It is suitable for children of all ages and includes toys and games, a quirky twin bedroom situated on the mezzanine floor and a private garden, although this is more of a flowery patio garden but there are walks and spaces for children to enjoy around Tughall Steads. The beaches of Beadnell and Newton are a short drive away.
Property was a last minute replacement due to the original being unavailable due to the storms. It was perfect in every way and could not be faulted The log fire made sure that the property stayed warm during more inclement weather. Very handy for good walks along the amazing coastline
We have certainly enjoyed our time staying at Samphire Barn and our children have loved it! It is indeed a wonderful and special place. Thank you!
Absolutely perfect stay at Samphire Barn, the attention to detail is amazing. Thank you for allowing us to stay in such an ideal location and the log burner was fab, just what was needed after a day at the beach.
Our family were holidaying in the large Moo House and we came along for a few days to stay in Samphire Barn. It was lovely having our own quiet space away from the bustle of the family and we loved coming back to Samphire Barn to sit in the garden with a bottle of wine.
Fabulous week at Samphire Barn! We've walked from Craster to Newton by the sea (via The Ship), from Seahouses to Bamburgh...and back. Walked Hadrian's Wall, flown broomsticks at Alnwick, lazed on beaches and gazed at incredible views in the national park...we will definitely be back.
Excellent service from Coastal Retreats and Samphire Barn was spotless and beautiful. Samphire Barn is in the perfect location for all the coastal villages and a lovely property, well furnished and really comfortable. There is everything you would need and we lacked for nothing. Thank you for a lovely stay.
We have loved Samphire Barn. Everything was perfect, the comfortable living room, bedrooms, modern kitchen with such attention to detail. It has been a wonderful four nights away and we could not have picked a better place to stay. Thank you so much.
Such a beautiful cottage, evenings in front of the log fire will not be forgotten, we wanted for nothing, such attractively furnished, clean and well equipped home from home.
Thanks so much for letting us use your beautiful home as base for our first explore in Northumberland. The weather was extremely kind and allowed us some glorious days on the beach, as well as some great walks further afield. If you get a chance, definitely book the sunset cruise on Serenity at Seahouses. A fantastic two hour explore on the sea around the Farne Islands. We saw puffins, loads of seals and even a new born baby seal. We loved returning home to your lovely property, where we had all the creature comforts, warm, inviting and a fantastic washing machine/dryer. We already can't wait for our next holiday up in this beautiful part of the world.
If you happen to look at Tughall Steads on Google Earth, please note that the apparent 'airstrip' shown nearby was last used in 1948!
For further information on the area, see our Tughall Steads section.
Where to find Samphire Barn at Tughall Steads