- £1,047 per week
- £150 per night
- 7 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Pets
- Open fire or woodburner
- Welcome pack
- Countryside views
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 2 king/super-king beds
- 1 bunk bed
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 3 WCs
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Garden, courtyard or patio
- Private parking
- Rural location
- Ground floor WC
Important - please note
- Check in: 4pm
- Check out: 10am
Read the full Access Statement for this property.
A recent makeover of this fruitful barn conversion has transformed it into a characterful getaway where fun, family and friendship can be enjoyed. The orchard of apples, pears and berries is abundant at autumn time in this cottage’s colourful English country-style garden - the inspiration for this Retreat's name and parts of its interior. Sample its delights fresh from the tree or head indoors and whisk up some culinary fayre in the apple crate inspired timber kitchen.
We invite you to sample the delights of The Apple Store fresh from the tree or head indoors and whisk up some culinary fayre in the apple crate inspired timber kitchen. Here, you can watch the children play in the garden, or socialise with the rest of the guests in the open plan living and dining space with feature log burner. Green and red hues feature throughout The Apple Store’s interior, in homage to its name, while contemporary flourishes ensure this Retreat has the luxury you expect from your holiday.
- Refurbished barn conversion in a country location just a short drive from the coastal villages of Beadnell and Newton
- Living/dining area with log burner, 49 inch TV, DVD player and Xbox
- Kitchen/breakfast room with doors straight to the garden
- Excellent family bedroom with bunk for three (double with single above)
- TVs in all bedrooms
- Large spa style family bathroom with gorgeous freestanding bath, huge walk-in shower and his and hers basins
- Enclosed garden with patio, fruit orchard area, swing and Wendy House
- Private leisure club membership (entry fee applies)
- Spacious open plan living/dining space with log burner
- Kitchen/breakfasting area with doors to the garden
- Utility/Laundry room
- Downstairs WC
- Master bedroom with king size bed and ensuite shower room
- 2nd double bedroom with king size bed
- 3rd bedroom with bunk beds with double below and single on top (to sleep 3)
- Large family bathroom with freestanding bath and walk in shower and his and hers basins
- Beautiful rear garden with orchard area, lawn and patio
- Children's double swing and wendy house
- Garden shed for bike storage
- Front sitting out area
- Private parking for 2 cars
- Oil central heating
- Log burner with a starter supply of logs
- Bedding and bath towels
- Starter supply of kitchen roll, dishwasher tablets, toilet roll, washing up liquid, salt and pepper
- Sewing kit
- First Aid kit
- Travel cot and high chair
- Cooker and hob
- Kitchen and tableware
- Dualit filter coffee machine
- Iron and ironing board
- Vacuum cleaner
- Mop, bucket, dustpan, and brush
- Tea towels
- Oven gloves
- Smart TV with Xbox
- Books and magazines
- Landline telephone with honesty box
- Toys and games
- Outdoor table and chairs
- Garden shed for bike or golf club storage
- Wendy House with outdoor toys
- Key safe for independent arrival
- Leisure club membership (small entry charge applies)
AVAILABLE BY REQUEST
Extra linen and towels (charges apply)
All the living accommodation is on the ground floor but it should be noted that there are a couple of quite high steps leading from the front door to the living area.
It is suitable for children of all ages and includes a private garden with Wendy House, plus numerous toys and games.
Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings, and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
We had a really lovely weekend. The Apple Store was perfect. We'd stayed here a few years ago and really appreciate the refurb. Totally gorgeous. The children loved the garden too. The swings, Wendy House, apple trees...all super. We've booked again!
I totally love this home! Beautiful and perfect size. Thank you for always offering just the most gorgeous homes and your standards bring me back, keep me hooked. Just love everything.
The apples and pears not only looked gorgeous, but when we picked them, they tasted great too! Perfect family holiday.
Gorgeous house and the children loved the garden! Really relaxing stay.
The popular cove and village of Beadnell are five minutes away by car, as it Newton with its pub on the beach, while Bamburgh village and its famous castle and shoreline is a 10 minute drive away.
If you happen to look at Tughall Steads on google earth, please note that the apparent 'airstrip' shown nearby was last used in 1948!
For further information on the area, see our Tughall Steads section.
Where to find The Apple Store at Tughall Steads