Viking Apartments, Seahouses
Bluegrass is a first floor sea view apartment in the architecturally exciting seafront development of luxury harbourside boltholes, @The Viking. Designed to state-of-the-art Scandinavian specifications using timber stone and slate to harmonise with the surrounding coastal architecture, The Viking building offers superb contemporary apartment accommodation.
Bluegrass enjoys lovely sea views towards the Farne Islands from the balcony off the lounge. The open-plan living accommodation marries cool coastal tones with rich corals and greens giving the apartment a modern, luxurious feel. Internally the furnishings meet the highest of specifications throughout, with the added convenience of private parking, a garage for storage of bikes, small boats, surf boards or golf clubs, stair and lift access and the use of a small communal seafront garden.
Read a review of Bluegrass in The Guardian.
- Convenient harbourside location for boat trips to The Farne Islands with sea views from the balcony
- Two bedrooms and two bath/shower rooms
- Walking distance to excellent pubs, restaurants and Seahouses beach
- Bathrobes in master bedroom
- Use of communal garden area with seating and uninterrupted views of Bamburgh Castle
- Leisure club membership (entry fee applies £6 per adult, £3 per child) at The Ocean Club, Seahouses
- Facilities for cyclists - garage for storage and outdoor taps
All on one level
- Master bedroom with versatile zip and link bed – can be made up as a superking or twin beds but will be available as a superking unless otherwise requested
- Ensuite bathroom to master bedroom (please note there is no shower in the ensuite)
- Bedroom two with twin beds
- Shower room with large step-in shower
- Spacious entrance hallway
- Balcony off living room with table and chairs
- Well equipped kitchen with integrated appliances including dishwasher, waste disposal & built in microwave
- Discreetly hidden utility cupboard with washer/dryer
- Security access
- Lift and Stair access
- Private gated parking for one car
- Communal garden with seating overlooking the harbour
Please note floor plans are not to scale but for illustration purposes only.
Prices and Availability
Located in the centre of Seahouses, above the harbour, Bluegrass is in a prime position for accessing the beach, shops and restaurants without the need for your car – check out our Best Retreats for Food Lovers for some excellent places to eat in Seahouses.
Boat trips to The Farne Islands can be accessed from the harbour and Bamburgh with its castle is just a five minute drive north.
For further information about the area, see our Seahouses section.
See here for what’s included in our Retreats stays
Please note that all of our cottages are non-smoking
No pets allowed at Bluegrass
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: 4pm (3pm from Nov-March)
Bluegrass has our own starfish rating of 3. A travel cot (please bring your own cot linen) and highchair are available on request. Bluegrass is on the first floor with a balcony.
Contemporary electric heating.
Please note: Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
Our third holiday with Coastal Retreats and just as impressed and bowled over with the accommodation and the coastline as the first time we stayed at Nook End all those years ago.
This is one of the most relaxing holidays I have ever had! Sunshine, sea views, gorgeous immaculate apartment, huge fluffy towels and my favourite Thalgo toiletries. I need to have a weekend like this every now and then just to recharge my batteries. Enjoyed breakfast in the morning sun every day on the balcony before my run on the beach and then came back for coffee in the little garden overlooking the harbour. We really loved this place. Thanks so much.
Just want to say that we had a fabulous time at Bluegrass. Can't thank you enough for all your help and effort. You even managed to lay on the weather. Only one wet spell on Tuesday morning so we enjoyed the pool. That was a big hit too. Lewis (aged 4) was thrilled with "the codes" to get in or out. He can still remember them and we have imaginary barriers at home. The apartment was a dream and I adored looking out to sea and watching the busy harbour.
Many thanks and hope to return again soon!
Nothing we would want to change, well equipped property, how can you improve on perfection.