A lovely old terraced cottage with original features offering good sized accommodation for up to eight guests and welcoming to dogs. It offers open-plan living accommodation, a sun porch and a garden great for playing or sitting and watching the view over the harbour below.
The cottage sits in a quiet back street but is just a short walk from Craster’s Jolly Fisherman pub, cafe, art gallery and harbour.
- Good space for groups with a cosy cottage feel
- Open plan living area with logburner
- Ground floor bedroom with small ensuite shower room
- First floor master bedroom with ensuite shower room
- Bespoke kitchen from reclaimed wood and range cooker
- Walking distance to village amenities
- Good sized garden for children and adults
- Great sea views from the garden seating area
- One of our dog-friendly cottages (£25 fee per dog)
- Leisure Club Membership (admission fee applies)
- Local original artwork
- Open plan lounge/dining/kitchen with enamel log burner, comfy seating, stripped wooden flooring, range cooker, halogen spot lighting and patio doors to outdoor eating area and to the detached garden
- Double bedroom with small ensuite shower room
- Utility/laundry room
- Entrance porch/sun room with seating
- Master bedroom with king size bed and ensuite shower room
- Two small twin bedrooms
- Compact family bathroom with freestanding roll top bath
- Detached secret garden with play areas, fabulous views over the village and over the harbour and coastline
- Parking for one car outside the cottage and one car a few paces away (although this extra space isn’t guaranteed)
Please note floor plans are not to scale but for illustration purposes only.
Prices and Availability
Down a lane, tucked behind Robson’s smokery in the small village of Craster, just a couple of minutes’ walk from the harbour, local pub, art gallery and cafe, and of course from the sea front. Sea views over the harbour from the rear garden sitting area.
For further information on the area, see our Craster pages.
Please note: This house is a family owned holiday home and as such is unsuitable for holding large parties. Small gatherings are, of course, welcome but no ‘open house’ please! Tents, hot tubs and mobile homes on the property are not permitted. Please refer to our Large Group advice list for further information.
See here for what’s included in our Retreats stays
Please note that all of our cottages are non-smoking
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: 4pm (3pm from Nov-March)
Lovely garden with play equipment to suit children of all ages.
This garden is not visible from the house or fully enclosed so just falls short of our 5 starfish rating. Nevertheless excellent facilities for children. Travel cot (please bring your own cot linen) and highchair available on request.
Ideal for families with children who will appreciate the great garden. With two double bedrooms, the Coastguards Cottage also works well for two couples.
Booked with the Harbour Master’s House, which is just a 30 second walk away, the two cottages will work well for two families holidaying together.
Full central heating with logburner in the living room.
Please note: Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
A short walk to the seafront but no sandy beach at Craster, just a spectacular rocky coastline with coastal footpath.
Parking at Coastguard’s is adequate for one car (but not a wide car) outside the house with parking for a second car available at the top of the lane, although this isn’t guaranteed. If you’re precious about your car, this may not suit you.
Loved the quiet location, the characterful touches around the house and most of all, the hidden garden
We spent most evenings at the top of the garden admiring the view and drinking wine - perfect holiday!
Just wanted to thank you and your team for another great holiday in one of your lovely properties, we think coastguards is our favourite so far.