£758 per week
- Group getaway with garden views of Craster harbour and coastline
- Bespoke rustic kitchen with range cooker, dining area and doors to outside decked area
- Open plan living space with log burner
- Ground floor bedroom with small ensuite shower room
- Detached secret garden with children's play area and raised decking space with seating and views of the sea and harbour
- Central village location near a pub, restaurant, café, art gallery and park
- Private leisure club membership (entry fee applies)
- Fun and quirky artwork by local artist in the owner's family
- Open plan lounge/dining/kitchen with enamel log burner, comfy seating, stripped wooden flooring, range cooker, halogen spot lighting and patio doors to outdoor eating area and to the detached garden
- Double bedroom with small ensuite shower room
- Utility/laundry room
- Entrance porch/sun room with seating
- Master bedroom with king size bed and ensuite shower room
- Two small twin bedrooms
- Compact family bathroom with freestanding roll top bath
- Detached secret garden with play areas, fabulous views over the village and over the harbour and coastline
- Parking for one car outside the cottage and one car a few paces away (although this extra space isn't guaranteed)
Please note floor plans are not to scale but for illustration purposes only.
- Full central heating
- Log burner with a starter supply of logs
- Bedding and bath towels
- Starter supply of kitchen roll, dishwasher tablets, toilet roll, washing up liquid, salt and pepper
- Sewing kit
- First Aid kit
- Travel cot and high chair
- Range cooker and hob
- Kitchen and tableware
- Coffee maker
- Iron and ironing board
- Vacuum cleaner
- Mop, bucket, dustpan and brush
- Tea towels
- Dish cloths
- Oven gloves
- Smart TV
- Books and magazines
- Landline telephone with honesty box
- Toys and games
- Outdoor table and chairs
- Outdoor play equipment
- Key safe for independent arrival
- Leisure club membership (small entry charge applies)
Extra linen and towels (charges apply)
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
Arrival: 4pm (3pm from Nov-March)
A short walk to the seafront but no sandy beach at Craster, just a spectacular rocky coastline with coastal footpath.
Parking at Coastguard's is adequate for one car (but not a wide car) outside the house with parking for a second car available at the top of the lane, although this isn't guaranteed. If you're precious about your car, this may not suit you.
The slightly rough edges to some of the renovation works adds character, but may annoy those with a penchant for perfect finishes.
Mobile reception is almost impossible in Craster but there is a landline. The Wi-Fi connection here can be slow, erratic and sometimes non-existent (we've tried everything to improve the speed!) Please be aware of this if you are relying on internet access.
This house is a family owned holiday home and as such is unsuitable for holding large parties. Small gatherings are, of course, welcome but no ‘open house’ please. Tents, hot tubs and mobile homes on the property are not permitted. Please refer to our Large Group advice list for further information.
All of our Retreats are non-smoking.
Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
Terms and Conditions
To assist you in finding the perfect place to stay, we have awarded our cottages a Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum style rating. This is based on our own standards and the award is given according to a mixture of criteria - location, aesthetic appeal, standard of luxury, facilities offered and style factors.
For example, a Platinum award goes to our most stylish and all round exclusive properties and a Bronze award may go to a cottage that may be a little less refined in places but still meets the high standards necessary to fit into the collection.
COASTGUARD'S COTTAGE IS A BRONZE RETREAT WITH A 4 STAR CHILD FRIENDLY RATING
It is suitable for children of all ages and includes a private garden with outdoor play equipment. This garden is not visible from the house or fully enclosed so just falls short of our 5 star rating. Nevertheless, it has excellent facilities for children.
Click here to see all of our Christmas and New Year arrival and departure dates.