Budle Sands, near Bamburgh
Coral Cottage is part of a group of a converted Grade II Listed barns at Budle Sands, in a beautiful location at Budle Bay, just a couple of miles north of Bamburgh. The cottage has a sheltered garden with distant sea views over the bay from the garden, through tall trees towards Lindisfarne and Holy Island.
Budle Bay is a haven for sea birds of many types. The tidal coastline and saltmarshes of the bay provide an abundant food supply for the birds, some of which travel thousands of miles to breed before departing to their winter homes. The ancient Christian stronghold of Holy Island is a short drive away. It is home to the Lindisfarne Gospels and can be reached at low tide by the causeway. Bamburgh Castle, beach and village are about 1.5 miles to the south by road or a little further by a coastal footpath. The beach, popular with kitesurfers is a 10 minute walk away.
- Beautiful distant sea views from the raised garden towards Holy Island and across Budle Bay
- Great location just a couple of minutes' drive from Bamburgh
- Lovely interior with muted tones and a gentle romantic ambience
- Benefits from 2nd shower room if second bedroom is used
- Guest Leisure Club Membership (admission fee applies)
- Lovely original artwork
All single storey
- Master bedroom with ivory iron king size bed and Barker & Stonehouse contemporary oak furniture
- 2nd bedroom with single bed
- Family bathroom with shower over bath, white sanitary ware and limestone tiling
- Small shower room with WC
- Lounge with log burner and squashy Collin & Hayes sofas
- Well equipped kitchen with integrated appliances, granite worktops and door to patio and garden
- Two allocated parking spaces
- Rear patio with furniture off the kitchen leading to a raised lawn garden with sun loungers and views of Holy Island. (Please note there are a few stone steps here which may be a bit difficult for toddlers )
Please note floor plans are not to scale but for illustration purposes only
Prices and Availability
Just a little north of Bamburgh near Waren Mill and Budle Bay. The closest beach is around 10 minutes on foot and Bamburgh beach is just 5 minutes in the car. Coral Cottage is on a development of former farm buildings, sensitively converted into holiday homes.
For further information on the area, see our Bamburgh section
See here what’s included in our Retreats stays
Please note that all of our cottages are non-smoking and pets are not permitted at this cottage
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: 4pm ( 3pm from Nov-March)
A couple or perhaps a small family looking to enjoy the peaceful location close to the amenities of Bamburgh.
Children at Coral Cottage
Only a few steps outside in the garden prevents this from getting our 5 starfish rating. Otherwise children will love it! Travel cot(please bring your own cot linen) and high chair available on request. The second bedroom is a great room for children, with piles of books and a small TV/DVD player
There is full oil central heating and a logburner in the lounge.
Please note: Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
This cottage has been perfect for us as a family of 3. We loved our evening walks down to Budle Bay and really enjoyed your recommendation to visit Ross Sands. Wow, what an amazing beach. Not another person around. Perfect!'
Great base for exploring North Northumberland and within easy reach of all the main tourist attractions. We went to Holy Island twice as we loved it so much. Also loved Ross Sands which is about a 5 minute drive from Coral Cottage. Did our local shopping in Belford and went to the new farm shop and cafe at Sunnyhills a couple of times. This was a really nice place to eat and to stock up on meat, organic produce and cheeses. We even went back one evening for supper and had a delicious 3 course meal. We would recommend Coral cottage to everyone, thanks'
It was fantastic to be so close to the Bay - I had some lovely tranquil sunset walks. But I also really enjoyed just reading in the garden in the evening, listening to the birds and watching the distant waves. Thanks again to you and your team for your care and effort (special mention to the delicious cherry cake in the welcome pack)
I loved this cottage so much when I holidayed here with my girlfriend that I booked again with my next girlfriend!