£1391 per week
- Former fisherman's cottage by Craster harbour
- Close to the start of the Dunstanburgh Castle coastal walk
- Careful renovation with exposed timbers & beams, stonework and inglenook fireplaces
- Living room with log burner
- Two superb ensuite master bedrooms with side views over the harbour, each with king-sized beds and distinctive Lulu Guinness bed linen.
- Small enclosed rear garden with well designed timber decking for dining and small lawn for toddlers
- Contemporary artwork by Mick Oxley and Alan Smith Page
- A short walk from the village pub, restaurant, café, art gallery and children's play park
- Private leisure club membership (entry fee applies)
- Large kitchen/dining room with oak table to seat up to eight and freestanding American style fridge freezer
- Lounge with log burner and large flat screen TV
- Second lounge/reading room/games room with enamel electric stove and TV
- Downstairs WC and lobby
- Two master bedrooms, each with king-sized beds and ensuite shower rooms
- Twin bedroom, ideal for children or adults
- Third bedroom with versatile zip and link bed – superking or twin (please state at time of booking how you want this made up otherwise it is 'as found')
- Family bathroom with bath and shower cubicle
- Small enclosed rear garden with decking area with outdoor furniture and lawn
- Larger front garden with lawned areas, decking and seating
- Parking for two cars
Please note floor plans are not to scale but for illustration purposes only.
- Oil central heating
- Solar-powered hot water
- Log burner with a starter supply of logs
- Bedding and bath towels
- A welcome tray of milk, tea, coffee and sugar
- Starter supply of kitchen roll, dishwasher tablets, toilet roll, washing up liquid, salt and pepper
- Toiletries for the first night of your stay
- Sewing kit
- First Aid kit
- Travel cot and high chair
- Double oven and hob
- American style fridge/freezer
- Kitchen and tableware
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Clothes line
- Iron and ironing board
- Vacuum cleaner
- Mop, bucket, dustpan and brush
- Tea towels
- Dish cloths
- Oven gloves
- Smart TV
- Books and magazines
- Landline telephone with honesty box
- Toys and games
- Outdoor table and chairs
- Key safe for independent arrival
- Leisure club membership (small entry charge applies)
Extra linen and towels (charges apply)
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
Arrival: 4pm (3pm from Nov-March)
There is no separate tumble dryer just a washer/dryer and a retractable washing line in the garden. The rear garden is small with no view and no room for kids play equipment but enough for a table, seating and a barbecue. The front garden is prettier and sunnier but not enough privacy for dining but lovely for sitting with a glass of wine at the end of the day and watching the world go by.
Please note the sea views are to one side, not straight out of the front of the house, and mobile reception is almost impossible in Craster.
This house is a family owned holiday home and as such is unsuitable for holding large parties. Small gatherings are, of course, welcome but no ‘open house’ please. Tents, hot tubs and mobile homes on the property are not permitted. Please refer to our Large Group advice list for further information.
All of our Retreats are non-smoking.
Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
Terms and Conditions
To assist you in finding the perfect place to stay, we have awarded our cottages a Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum style rating. This is based on our own standards and the award is given according to a mixture of criteria - location, aesthetic appeal, standard of luxury, facilities offered and style factors.
For example, a Platinum award goes to our most stylish and all round exclusive properties and a Bronze award may go to a cottage that may be a little less refined in places but still meets the high standards necessary to fit into the collection.
CRASTER RETREAT IS A GOLD RETREAT WITH A 4 STAR CHILD FRIENDLY RATING
It is suitable for children of all ages and includes a small private garden, books and toys, quirky features and fun wallpapers in the twin bedrooms. The harbour is steps away and fantastic for rock pooling and building sandcastles when the tide is out.