Tughall Steads, near Newton by the sea
Garden Cottage is a single storey restored farm workers cottage, with a professionally designed interior décor featuring rich tartans, oak flooring, local artwork and barn doors.
As the name implies, the cottage boasts two gardens. One has a patio with table and chairs and open views of the surrounding countryside looking towards the coast and the other has timber play equipment, a Wendy house and parking for two cars.
- Lovely ensuite shower room to master bedroom with underfloor heating, shower over bath and beautiful ceramic and mosaic tiling (Jack and Jilled to the children's room)
- Original stone inglenook with logburner
- Gardens front and rear to catch the sunlight all day long
- One garden with swings, Wendy house and toys
- Lovely countryside views towards the coast, just a mile away
- Leisure Club Membership (admission fee applies)
- New kitchen for 2018 with Nespresso coffee machine
All single storey (although a couple of steps up to living room)
- Lounge/dining room
- Well equipped galley kitchen
- A cosy master bedroom with king sized bed and lovely ensuite shower room which is ‘Jack and Jilled’ to the children’s bedroom
- Children’s room with bunk beds and TV
- Small double bedroom with king sized bed leading off the lounge
- Family bathroom with shower over bath
- Utility room in the outhouse with freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer
- Two gardens, one with table & chairs, the other with Wendy house and play equipment
- Private parking for two cars.
For further information on how Garden Cottage sits in relation to the other cottages here, see the adjacent aerial photo and site plan
Please note floor plans are not to scale but for illustration purposes only
Prices and Availability
Situated in the farm hamlet of Tughall Steads together with a collection of other converted farm buildings, many of them Coastal Retreats, too. In quiet rural surroundings between Newton by the sea and Beadnell, the cottages here are around a five minute drive from the beautiful sandy beaches.
For further information on the area, see our Tughall Steads section
See here for what’s included in our Retreats stays
Please note that all of our cottages are non-smoking and pets are not permitted at this cottage
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: 4pm (3pm from Nov-March)
Two couples, small groups, families with young children, elderly guests. Booked with our neighbouring cottages, parties of up to 52 plus cots can be acommodated. Perfect for two families booking the Garden Cottage with adjoining The Smithy.
Two gardens and lots of toys and facilities for children of all ages. Definitely deserving of its 5 starfish rating. Travel cot (please bring your own cot linen) and highchair are available on request. The new ensuite bathroom works very well for families with children, leaving the second bathroom for guests in the second double bedroom.
Full oil central heating and logburner in the living room.
Please note: Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
The second fridge, freezer, washer and tumble dryer are in the separate outhouse. Not ideal if its raining and you need access to the ice cubes! (there is a freezer box in the underbench kitchen fridge though). There are enough beds for four adults and two children but the living space is compact for that number of people.
The Garden Cottage was just the retreat we needed as a young family. I would even say that for once we wouldn't have minded if the weather was poor, as relaxing in this gorgeous cottage was just great! This holiday has also introduced us to a wonderful part of Britain and we look forward to exploring this region time and time again! Thanks for everything
After a long journey, it was a delight to arrive here and to experience the welcome of Garden Cottage. Everyday, it was a delight to wake up here and then to return here after a day out. The children loved it all. Addressing the needs of children in so many ways (even nappies in the emergency box), was just wonderful.
Love the new sofas and new decor since we last stayed here.
Our children think this cottage is their second home. It feels like home and we relax the moment we step inside. When we ask the boys where they would like to go for their holidays, we get a resounding GARDEN COTTAGE. Looks like we'll be coming back next year again.
Homely, unpretentious, cosy, warm, tasteful and set in our favourite part of the country.