Miller's Loft, Budle Bay, Bamburgh
Antique furnishings blend cleverly with a contemporary colour palette in this gorgeous top floor loft apartment right at the water’s edge. Proudly anchored beneath the roof line of this Grade II listed former mill, Miller’s Loft sits just a couple of minutes’ drive from Bamburgh and makes a great base for couples or families to explore the area, or just relax and take in the views across this part of the Lindisfarne National Nature Reserve.
Sink-into sofas provide a perfect place to survey the view across the waters of Budle Bay towards Lindisfarne Castle and Holy Island. There are walks abundant from the door, if that takes your fancy, or castles, beaches and eateries just a short drive away. Refurbished in 2019, with a contemporary kitchen and design-led furnishings – we just love it!
The finishing touches are just being added to this property so a video tour and professional photos will be coming shortly.
- Far-reaching sea views over the bay towards Holy Island
- Gorgeously rich interior, restyled by a local designer in 2019
- Three bedrooms and two bathrooms
- Quiet seaside location, but very close to Bamburgh with its castle, shops and restaurants
- Wildlife enthusiasts will love the proximity to Lindisfarne Nature Reserve
- Lift access with all accommodation on one floor
- Contemporary kitchen in deep blue with granite worktops and integrated appliances
- House bathroom with extra large walk-in shower
- Amazon Alexa speakers in all bedrooms and the living area for music etc
All on one level
Third floor apartment, but accommodation is all on one floor, accessed by stairs or lift.
- Entrance hallway
- Large open plan kitchen/dining/living area with sea views
- Master bedroom with double bed and ensuite bathroom with bath and shower over
- Double bedroom
- Twin bedroom
- House bathroom with large walk-in shower
- Communal parking area
- Use of communal lawned area overlooking Budle Bay (from Summer 2019)
Please note plans are not to scale but for illustration purposes only.
Prices and Availability
Superb waterside location next to Budle Bay, just a couple of miles north of Bamburgh. The Grade II listed mill building, converted into apartments, benefits from being in a quiet spot but is still just a short jaunt from Bamburgh and Seahouses and, on a clear day, you can even see Holy Island from the windows of the apartment. The Lindisfarne Nature Reserve, which takes in Budle Bay, is well-known for its abundance of rare birds.
For further information on the area, see our Bamburgh section.
See what’s included in our Retreats stays
Facilities particular to Miller’s Loft
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Amazon Alexa speakers
Please note that all of our cottages are non-smoking
No pets are permitted at Miller’s Loft
Arrival and departure
Arrival: 4pm (3pm from Nov-March)
For couples or families seeking a peaceful spot with good access to walks, but near to Bamburgh making it a great base from which to explore Northumberland.
Children at Miller’s Loft
Children are most welcome at Miller’s Loft, but bear in mind that this is apartment living so may not suit all ages! A travel cot (please bring your own cot linen) and highchair are available on request.
Please note: While we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
Loving this apartment. Can't wait to welcome the first guests to this high living luxury! - Coastal Retreats team