Budle Barns, near Bamburgh
Imagine the perfect romantic hideaway.
Cook up a treat in the superb marble-topped kitchen area, while the flames are flickering in the logburner, and there’s a candlelit table for two in the corner. Take a relaxing soak in the spa-like bathroom, then retire to the boutique chic of the master bedroom. A whole host of interior design gorgeousness is wrapped up within this traditional stone cottage exterior. And when the sun comes up you can feast your eyes on the countryside and coastal views.
Aah….Northumberland at its best….
Please note: These are interim photos. The finishing touches are currently being added to this property and professional photos and a video tour should be added during March
- Sumptuously furnished romantic bolthole
- Underfloor heating and Logburner for that cosy feeling all year round
- Bespoke kitchen with range cooker and marble worktops
- Distant coastal views from the bedroom and front terrace
- A short drive from Budle Bay and Bamburgh
- Can be booked in conjunction with neighbouring cottage The Old Barn to sleep up to 10 together.
- Exposed roof trusses and stonework hint to the farm origins of the building
All single storey
Entrance hall area leading to:
- Open plan, living/dining/kitchen area
- Bathroom with shower over bath
- Master Bedroom with king size bed
- Small front paved terrace with seating and distant sea views
- Parking for one car next to the cottage (quite a tight space) See adjacent site plan
- One additional allocated parking space in communal car park (ideal for a visitor or best to use if you have a very large car)
Please note all plans are not to scale but for illustration purposes only
Prices and Availability
Situated around 2 miles from Bamburgh castle, Mulberry Cottage is bordered by an organic grain farm on one side and open countryside to the three other elevations with views North to Budle Bay, Lindisfarne Castle and Holy Island from the site. There are some outstanding walks nearby leading to the open fields and coastal footpaths. The renovation of this cluster of farm buildings was completed in January 2017 and there are 10 holiday homes in total in this beautifully executed development.
Mulberry Cottage is near to the road leading to the farm. The only traffic you will notice is the odd tractor or farm vehicle. Can be booked with neighbouring cottage The Old Barn for larger gatherings.
See here what’s included in our Retreats stays
What else is at Mulberry Cottage?
Pod Coffee machine
Please note that all of our cottages are non-smoking
No pets permitted
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: 4pm ( 3pm from Nov-March)
Ideal couples accommodation with ample interior space. The logburner allows it to appeal all year round. Can be booked with neighbouring cottage, The Old Barn, to accommodate up to 10 guests together
Children at Mulberry Cottage
A cot and highchair can be made available on request for a baby, but the cottage is most suited to pre-crawling toddlers due to the nature of the furnishings.
Please note: Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
The parking space right beside the cottage will suit a small to medium car so might be a bit tight for a Range Rover. For large cars there is an allocated parking space in the communal carpark, 100m from the house. The front terrace is small, just big enough for two!
Immediately behind the cottage is a large farm building which is part of the neighbouring organic grain farm. This should have no impact at all on guests’ stays but is noticeable visually as you pull up to the cottage. Once you are in the cottage, the building is not visible.