North Star House
Apart from the pull of our distinctive interiors, for many of our guests it is the unspoilt Northumberland landscapes that draws them back again and again. However, for long-time Coastal Retreats guests, now the owners and renovators of this superb house, it was ‘the vast Northumberland skies’ and the endless sea of stars that they longed for when they returned home. That yearning spurred them on in the search for their own family holiday home, which they could style, with our help, and then share with other Coastal Retreats guests. The hunt led them to a rambling old stone house in Bamburgh, which has undergone a complete transformation and been named North Star House.
The interior space and furnishings have been designed to meet the owners’ exacting specifications throughout. A bespoke kitchen is the central hub of this Northumberland holiday home and no expense has been spared in the interior architecture and fittings, to turn it into the ultimate space for family and group getaways.
- Large and luxurious house with extensive grounds
- Spacious bespoke dining kitchen with range cooker, integrated appliances, Philips Senseo coffee machine and granite worktops
- Sea and Bamburgh Castle views from some rooms
- Detached games room
- Large living room with log burner and sliding doors to the garden
- Entertainment room with large screen for TV and DVD viewing
- Leisure club membership (admission fee applies)
- Walking distance to village shops, restaurants, the beach and castle
- Huge bespoke gourmet kitchen/dining room with views of Bamburgh Castle
- Large living room with feature fireplace, log burner, doors to garden and castle views
- Second spacious living room/media room
- Hallway with downstairs WC/cloakroom
- Internal utility/boot/drying room
- Glazed entrance porch
- Impressive master bedroom with king size bed and ensuite bathroom featuring separate shower, superb tiling and underfloor heating plus balcony, which overlooks the garden and beyond to the sea and Bamburgh Castle
- 2nd master bedroom with king size bed and ensuite shower room
- Double bedroom with king size bed
- Twin bedroom with full size twin beds
- 5th fun built-in full size bunk bedded room – galley style. Sleeps 4 children perfectly
- Additional shower room/wc
- Family bathroom
- Games room with table tennis
- Large extra utility room with ample space for storing beach equipment such as wet suits
- Front garden and driveway with parking for several cars
- Huge lawned enclosed rear garden with patio and several seating areas – about an acre of land in total with unspoilt open views towards the sea and Bamburgh Castle
Please note floor plans are not to scale but for illustration purposes only.
Prices and Availability
Situated down a long private drive close to Bamburgh’s former village parsonage, this house benefits from a central location but has all the privacy you could want in a quiet corner of the village with the rear of the house overlooking open fields and Bamburgh Castle just a few hundred metres away. Park your car all holiday if you wish and enjoy being able to walk to restaurants, pubs, Bamburgh’s small speciality shops, the castle and the beach.
For further information on the area, see our Bamburgh section.
Please note: This house is a family owned holiday home and as such is unsuitable for holding large parties. Small gatherings are, of course, welcome but no ‘open house’ please! Tents, hot tubs and mobile homes on the property are not permitted. Please refer to our Large Group advice list for further information.
See here for what’s included in our Retreats stays
Please note that all of our cottages are non-smoking
Pets are not permitted at North Star House
Facilities particular to North Star House
Games room with table tennis, entertainment room and Philips Senseo coffee machine.
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: 4pm (3pm from Nov-March)
Would suit up to three families holidaying together with plenty of bedroom, bathroom and living space to keep everyone happy. The house works well for 12 guests.
A 5 starfish rated property – children will love it! A huge safe garden with lots of play space, quirky and fun galley style hand-crafted bunk bedroom and the beach just walking distance away. Games room with table tennis. Older children will love the fact that it is in the village of Bamburgh and so can walk to shops, the park and the municipal tennis court, if they wish. The Grace Darling Museum is just a minute’s walk away. Travel cot (please bring your own cot linen), highchair, toddler step, pushchair, steriliser and baby monitor are all available on request.
Full central heating and log burner in the living room.
Please note: Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
This house made our special occasion even more special! From the moment we walked into the grand hallway our holiday was made. Great to be able to walk to the village and beach and the garden was heaven for the children.
Wow what a fantastic house, great space, still cozy, location and views of the Castle are amazing, very clean and well appointed.
Very clean and well presented. Attention to detail was outstanding!