Hetton Hall, nr Belford
Don’t be fooled too much by the traditional cottage name, Rosebud.
Yes, it is full of English rose charm, but this holiday home packs designer pieces, bold contemporary colours and a relaxed luxury ambience into its lovely old Northumberland stone cottage shell – add in the roses in the garden for that touch of romance that every old cottage deserves, and we have a property with real up-to-the-minute appeal. Lots of interesting homely touches such as local Northumberland Tartan accessories, complete the look.
Generous spaces make this cottage ample for a family of four but a couple would be equally at home in this single storey holiday home. There are countryside views and walks all around, and close by are the villages of Chatton and Belford, but the coastal centres of Bamburgh and Seahouses are just a 20 minute car ride away.
- Lovely countryside location, part of the farm steading of Grade II listed Hetton Hall
- Single storey accommodation so ideal for those with limited mobility
- Floor to ceiling windows flood this cottage with natural light
- Guest Leisure Club membership in Seahouses (20 min drive away, entry fee applies)
- Just a short drive from Gastro pub The Percy Arms
- Well equipped kitchen with Smeg fridge and other appliances and dining space for 4 guests
- Bathrobes and slippers to the master bedroom
- Logburner and exposed original roof trusses
All single storey
- Entrance hallway with WC/cloaks
- Spacious dining kitchen with all appliances
- Living room with logburner and door to outdoor seating area
- Master bedroom with king size bed
- Twin bedroom
- Family bathroom with bath and shower over
- Parking for 2 cars
- Gravelled seating area to the rear
- Enclosed lawned garden with seating area to the front
Prices and Availability
Part of the original farm steading for the neighbouring Grade II listed Hetton Hall, Rosebud is surrounded by open countryside but set within the small hamlet of fellow converted farm buildings. From the site, you have lovely views of the Cheviot hills to the west. Rosebud is very close to the popular St Cuthbert’s Way walk, with St Cuthbert’s Cave being very close by. The villages of Belford and Chatton are a few minutes away by car and the coastal centres of Bamburgh and Seahouses are a 15-20 minute drive away.
See here what’s included in our Retreats stays
What else is at Rosebud?
Nespresso coffee machine
Please note that all of our cottages are non-smoking
Please note no pets are allowed at Rosebud
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: 4pm ( 3pm from Nov-March)
Ideal family accommodation in a quiet hamlet location. The logburner allows it to appeal all year round.
Children at Rosebud
Children are welcome at Rosebud and it attains our 4 starfish child-friendly rating. Guests will find there are toys and children’s books in the house and a travel cot (please bring your own cot linen)and highchair are available on request. Children will love the enclosed lawned garden to run around although please note that the lawn is quite sloped and there is a wall with a small unfenced drop from the lawn to the patio, but the property is situated in a quiet hamlet of other converted farm buildings.
Please note: Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
Everything was perfect. Such a beautiful cottage. So well presented. Just perfect.
We had a wonderful stay in this beautiful cottage. We have enjoyed lots of coastal walks at Seahouses, Craster, Alnmouth and Bamburgh.
Idyllic. A sanctuary from the fast paced activities surrounding last weekend - our wedding! The perfect place to reconnect with ourselves, each other and the beautiful Northumberland countryside and beaches.
This has been the best holiday I've ever had. The cottage was styled to suit our taste, there were many sweet, thoughtful touches and our children (1 & 3) were well catered for and welcome here.