Seagrass might just take your breath away.
In the most atmospheric of settings, against a dramatic backdrop of a cliff of Whinstone rock, Seagrass sits within an enclave of privately owned lodges, facing Bamburgh Castle and the sea, just a mile or so away. Contemporary architecture and modern eco-luxury combine in this holiday home to deliver serious ‘oooh!’ factors. Formerly a quarry for the Budle Hall estate, and the source of the stone with which Bamburgh Castle itself was built, the site now bears little resemblance to its hard working past. Still part of the estate, and up until recently, a safe and sheltered area for the estate’s ewes to lamb, this enchanting spot is now home to 12 carefully designed eco lodges.
Seagrass sits on the higher level close to 2 other lodges. Inside, a contemporary mix of bold burnished copper and stately greys sets the tone. A double height living area with logburner and vast glazed windows flood the spaces with light and allow guests to take in the coastal views of Bamburgh Castle and The Farne Islands in the distance. The bedroom decor echoes the hues of the lodge’s surroundings – sea blues and natural greens.
Guests at Seagrass share the privilege (with the other lodges) of private access to a further 20 acres of woodland, picnic areas and the breathtaking clifftop viewing point, from where the panoramic coastal vistas are more than worth the climb!
- Striking contemporary interior with original local artwork and bespoke furnishings
- Castle and coastal views from the dining kitchen and private decked area
- Access to communal grassed areas and to a further 20 acres of walks
- Master bedroom with ensuite shower room
- Solar heated water supply
- High specification finish throughout
- Living room with logburner, Freesat Internet TV with netflix, and Bose bluetooth sound system
- Bedroom TVs in both double bedrooms
- All bedrooms have radio/alarm/bluetooth system
- Bluetooth speaker system in bathroom
- Exclusive access for guests to a cliff top viewing point behind the lodge, just a couple of minute's walk, with spectacular views to Bamburgh Castle, The Farne Islands, an on a clear day to Holy Island
- Utility room with sink and washer/dryer
- Private Leisure Club membership (entry fee applies)
All single storey
- Kitchen/dining area opening onto decking with seating
- Living area with log burner
- Master bedroom with double bed and ensuite shower room
- Bedroom 2 with double bed
- Bedroom 3 with twin beds
- Family bathroom with bath and shower enclosure
- Utility room/boot room
- Private decked area with outdoor sofas
- Dedicated parking for 2 cars
- Use of extensive communal grassed area shared with the other lodges on this exclusive development
- Private footpath access (shared with the other lodges on the site) to 20 acres of woodland and a clifftop picnic and viewing area overlooking the coast
Prices and Availability
Part of the Budle Hall estate, this crescent shaped rock bowl was once the estate’s quarry, then more recently, a sheltered spot for the farm’s ewes in lamb. Now it is home to some striking contemporary architecture. Just half a mile or so from Budle Bay, a world renowned wildlife reserve, and just a couple of miles from Bamburgh, it’s a quiet backwater but still so close to these main attractions in this coastal area.
See here what’s included in our Retreats stays
What else is at Seagrass?
Nespresso coffee machine
Internet TV with Netflix
TV s in both double bedrooms
Please note that all of our cottages are non-smoking
No pets permitted at Seagrass
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: 4pm ( 3pm from Nov-March)
For couples or families seeking a peaceful spot with good access to walks. The logburner allows it to appeal all year round and its proximity to Bamburgh makes it a great base.
Children at Seagrass
Children are most welcome at Seagrass. They will love the open spaces to run around (with parental supervision!) and a travel cot (please bring your own cot linen), and highchair are available on request.
Please note: Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
We heard about these lodges being built when we were last holidaying with you so went to look at the site. Absolutely amazing! Can't wait to try Seagrass.