Settle down on the generous glazed balcony at the rear of this holiday home, and trace the changing Northumberland sky as it descends to meet the rolling Cheviot Hills on the western horizon. Step out of the front door, and that same sky leads the eye down to the sea and the silhouette of Bamburgh’s majestic castle…..Cue the name, Skyfall…
And whilst this cottage may not be quite on the same scale as the film of the same name, it certainly delivers on drama in terms of the vast Northumberland skies, in this spectacular coast meets countryside location!
Of course, inside will have something to live up to, so the interior has been set to reflect its location in a bold, but classic, coastal interior design scheme.
- External traditional stone build but with contemporary features
- First floor living/dining/kitchen area with focal gas-fired log burner maximises the Cheviot hills and coastal views to each side
- High end interior finish with oak doors and flooring, travertine bathroom and french gray painted oak kitchen
- Glass balustraded balcony affording spectacular countryside views and great sunsets
- Interior colour scheme in rich coastal blues and driftwood-y neutral tones
- Guest Leisure Club Membership (admission fee applies)
- Entrance hallway
- Master bedroom with king sized bed
- Bedroom with twin beds
- Family bathroom with bath and shower over
- Utility/laundry room
- Large open plan living /dining/ kitchen area with spacious balcony with seating (stunning views)
- Private parking for 2 cars with some visitor parking too
- Balcony with seating
- Rear lawned garden area and gravelled front garden
To see how Skyfall sits in relation to the other properties at this location, see the plan of cottages at Glororum
Please note floor plans are not to scale but for illustration purposes only
Prices and Availability
Just a mile outside of the very popular and picturesque village of Bamburgh with views from the front of Skyfall to Bamburgh Castle and the sea. This cottage is located just outside of a beautiful development of former farm buildings, at Glororum. This development is home to some of our other cottages, The Bamburgh Coach House ( sleeps 5/6), The New Dairy (sleeps 4), The Clock House ( sleeps 4) and The Chimney ( sleeps 8) – ideal for a group of people wanting to holiday in the same place but with their own separate space
For further information on the area, see our Bamburgh section
Please note the google satellite image shows the plot before Skyfall was built.
See here what’s included in our Retreats stays
Please note that all of our cottages are non-smoking and pets are not permitted at this cottage
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: 4pm ( 3pm from Nov-March)
Who wouldn’t love it here? Skyfall is ideally suited to a family or couple looking for a quiet base with easy access to Bamburgh.
Attracting a four starfish rating, children will love it here. There is an enclosed lawned garden and a selection of toys, books and dvd’s. A travel cot (please bring your own cot linen), highchair and stairgate are available on request.
Contemporary electric wall heaters and a gas-fired logburner in the living area
Please note: Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
Love the cottage and upside down living, our lovely stay at Skyfall was memorable and very comfortable.
Skyfall was beautiful, well kept and had everything we could wish for.
This was a long journey for us to make (about 6 hours) and we hadn't been to this area before. My husband's comments on the way was "this had better be worth it" . It was.
Great to have both coastal and countryside views from the same property!
Excellent location for us with our young children and we all loved the upside down living