Settle down on the generous glazed balcony at the rear of this holiday home, and trace the changing Northumberland sky as it descends to meet the rolling Cheviot Hills on the western horizon. Step out of the front door, and that same sky leads the eye down to the sea and the silhouette of Bamburgh’s majestic castle…Cue the name, Skyfall.
And whilst this cottage may not be quite on the same scale as the film of the same name, it certainly delivers on drama in terms of the vast Northumberland skies, in this spectacular coast meets countryside location.
Of course, inside will have something to live up to, so the interior has been set to reflect its location in a bold, but classic, coastal interior design scheme.
- External traditional stone build with contemporary features
- One mile from the beach and Bamburgh village
- First floor living/dining/kitchen area with focal gas-fired log burner maximises views of the Cheviot Hills and the coast at each side
- High end interior finish with oak doors and flooring, travertine bathroom and french gray painted oak kitchen
- Glass balustraded balcony affording spectacular countryside views and great sunsets
- Interior colour scheme in rich coastal blues and driftwood-y neutral tones
- Leisure club membership (admission fee applies)
- Entrance hallway
- Master bedroom with king sized bed
- Bedroom with twin beds
- Family bathroom with bath and shower over
- Utility/laundry room
- Large open plan living /dining/ kitchen area and spacious balcony with stunning views and seating
- Private parking for 2 cars with some visitor parking too
- Balcony with seating
- Rear lawned garden area and gravelled front garden
To see how Skyfall sits in relation to the other properties at this location, see the plan of cottages at Glororum.
Please note floor plans are not to scale but for illustration purposes only.
Prices and Availability
Just a mile outside of the very popular and picturesque village of Bamburgh with views from the front of Skyfall to Bamburgh Castle and the sea. This cottage part of a beautiful development of former farm buildings, at Glororum – home also to some of our other cottages, The Bamburgh Coach House ( sleeps 5/6) and The New Dairy (sleeps 4) – ideal for a group of people wanting to holiday in the same place but with their own separate space.
For further information on the area, see our Bamburgh section.
Please note the google satellite image shows the plot before Skyfall was built.
See here for what’s included in our Retreats stays
Please note that all of our cottages are non-smoking and pets are not permitted at this cottage
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: 4pm (3pm from Nov-March)
Who wouldn’t love it here? Skyfall is ideally suited to a family or couple looking for a quiet base with easy access to Bamburgh.
Attracting our four starfish rating, children will love it here. There is an enclosed lawned garden and a selection of toys, books and DVDs. A travel cot (please bring your own cot linen) and highchair are available on request.
Contemporary electric wall heaters and a gas-fired log burner in the living area.
Please note: Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
Love the cottage and upside down living, our lovely stay at Skyfall was memorable and very comfortable.
Skyfall was beautiful, well kept and had everything we could wish for.
This was a long journey for us to make (about 6 hours) and we hadn't been to this area before. My husband's comments on the way was "this had better be worth it". It was.
Great to have both coastal and countryside views from the same property!
Excellent location for us with our young children and we all loved the upside down living.
We absolutely loved the house, and Bamburgh, and had a really lovely holiday. We'd definitely like to book with you again and were so impressed by everything Coastal Retreats had to offer - you made it very easy to have fun.
Excellent in every way. Spotlessly clean, beautiful open views, quiet rural location, everything worked and we felt very much at home straight away. Love the name too