Smuggler’s Hide has been in our collection from the start, but a recent renovation has transformed it into an exciting, contemporary coastal cottage with bold colours perfectly offset by crisp white shutters and bed linen. Situated in a prime location opposite St Ebba’s Church in the centre of Beadnell village, this bijou newly-built stone-end terrace is in walking distance of Beadnell Beach and the village pubs and bistro.
This small and exclusive corner of the village was formerly known as Smugglers Cove in the 18th century when Beadnell was a favourite haunt of smugglers, evading customs officers to bring rum and gin ashore.
Booked with neighbouring The Bolthole, it can accommodate up to nine guests.
- Lovely light dining hallway with a high vaulted ceiling and bespoke plantation shutters over floor to ceiling windows
- Central location - three minute walk to the rocks and 10 minutes to the beach
- Recently refurbished with contemporary furnishings, timber flooring and a nautical ambience
- Cosy living area with logburner
- Ideal family or couple's retreat
- Leisure Club Membership (admission fee applies)
- Small fenced lawned garden and patio area
- Useful ground floor single bedroom with ensuite WC/washbasin
- Entrance through to conservatory/dining hall
- Living room with wood burner and open plan kitchen area
- Small ground floor bedroom with single bed and ensuite WC and basin
- Master bedroom with king size bed
- Second bedroom with twin beds and space for travel cot
- Family bathroom with bath and shower over
- Small enclosed front garden with outdoor furniture and parking for one car plus visitor parking
Please note floor plans are not to scale but for illustration purposes only.
Prices and Availability
Beadnell is a popular coastal village for families looking to be close to a beach and watersports enthusiasts. It has a couple of pubs and a cafe which becomes a bistro in the evenings. Rockpooling spots can be found at Smuggler’s Cove beach and there are some lovely walks along the coastal path north to Seahouses and south to Newton by the Sea.
Smuggler’s Hide is close to one of our other Retreats, The Bolthole.
See here for what’s included in our Retreats stays
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: 4pm (3pm from Nov-March)
A couple or a small family looking for a village location where they can walk to the beach.
Suitable for children of all ages with a small enclosed garden, toys and the local park nearby. A travel cot (please bring your own cot linen) and high chair are available on request.
There is full gas central heating and a log burner in the lounge.
Please note: Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
Smuggler’s Hide backs on to a very small private caravan park which can be seen from the rear windows in the kitchen, one bedroom and the small ground floor bedroom. The house faces away from the park so guests’ privacy us unaffected.
The ground floor bedroom is very small.
Please note that there are some parts of the first floor where headroom is slightly restricted due to eaves of the roof.
The Smugglers' is in a great location, the decor is fresh and unusual and our kids especially loved the spotty twin bedroom and the large TV
Compact, well designed, extremely comfortable, beautifully presented, ideal location for us
We had a fantastic week at Smuggler’s Hide! The cottage is very impressive – so modern and beautifully fitted out (much better equipped than home in fact!) – and we really loved Beadnell and the surrounding villages! The beaches are lovely and unspoilt and we had great weather which showed them off to the best advantage! I think we’ll certainly go back at some point and will certainly be recommending Coastal Retreats to our friends! Thanks also for the lovely extras - the cava, cake, milk and so on which were really appreciated
Beautiful cottage and area. High standards of decor and cleanliness.
We had a great time at Smugglers Hide. The cottage is wonderful so homely & tastefully designed
Great central location. Enjoyed having breakfast in the Saltwater café and supper in the Craster Arms. A really lovely holiday. Won't hesitate to recommend Coastal Retreats and our little Smugglers Hide home. We loved it