A gorgeous 18th century cottage in the centre of the hugely popular village of Craster. Access to the cottage is via a stone archway, originally the entrance to a stable courtyard, of which this is part. Great care has been lavished upon its interior to provide the most homely and luxurious of holiday homes for four. There are period features galore, with exposed beams, an original open fire in cast iron surround and some lovely quirky elements tucked into its high end furnishing scheme. Its location is prime, within a minute of the sea, and even less to the village pub(!), so whether you’re staying in, or going out, this little gem has all angles covered!
The renovation of this cottage has just been completed, so a video tour, will follow shortly.
- Period cottage in a prime village setting
- A wealth of original character features, such as beams and open fire
- Master bedroom with ensuite shower room and rooftop views of Dunstanburgh Castle and the sea (black-out blinds in situ)
- Twin bedroom with plantation shutters
- Family bathroom with shower over bath
- Fully enclosed, private, and south-facing courtyard style garden area
- Private parking for 2 cars
- Easy walking distance to pub and fish restaurant
- Useful outbuilding for bike storage
- Hand-painted kitchen with integrated appliances and granite worktops
- Local artwork and stained glass features
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area with open fire and french doors to the garden area
- Master bedroom with king size bed and ensuite shower room
- Twin bedroom
- Family bathroom with bath and shower over
- Parking for 2 cars
- Courtyard style sitting area with table and chairs
- Laundry in outbuilding also useful for storage of bikes/outdoor gear etc.
Prices and Availability
Down a lane, tucked behind Robson’s smokery in the small village of Craster, just a minute’s walk from the harbour, local pub, art gallery and cafe, and of course from the seafront
For further information on the area, see our Craster pages.
See here for what’s included in our Retreats stays
Please note that all of our cottages are non-smoking
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: 4pm (3pm from Nov-March)
Children at The Arch
Children are made welcome here. Travel cot (please bring your own cot linen) and highchair available on request.
Ideal for a family or 4 adults as the two bathrooms allows each bedroom its own facilities.
It is just a stone’s throw from another two of our retreats, Coastguard’s Cottage up the hill and Harbour Master’s House on the seaward side
Full central heating with open fire in the living room.
Please note: Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
I just wanted to thank you all for the high standard of accommodation you provided us with during our first trip to Northumberland. I would have no hesitation booking with you in the future or recommending you. It is a pleasure and refreshing to know that you offer exactly what we are looking for in a holiday home
I loved the royal blue colour scheme throughout the cottage . The sofas were very comfortable . Would love to know who made the tea lights that were in a circle on the dining table....
Loved the situation in the heart of Craster .Some days we didn't use the car at all . It was easy to wander down to the harbour or go for short or long walks along the coastline