The Beach Pad
Prepare to pack your sunglasses! Even when the weather is a little shady, this ground floor apartment packs a real punch on the colour scale and can’t fail to bring a sunny smile to your face. The cool and lively interior vibe is topped off with some amazing sea views from the bedroom and the living area to get you right in the holiday mood. Guests will love being just metres from the sea’s edge and a few minutes’ stroll from a sandy beach.
The bustling harbour of Seahouses is a minute away on foot and is the departure point for Farne Island boat trips. Up until October 2019 the pier will be closed due to harbour remedial works but the boats will still be operating. There are shops to browse in Seahouses, restaurants for dining – from an artisan pizzeria to gourmet Indian – and a great real ale pub to sample the local brews.
One of our Perfect Places with Sea Views.
- Fun, young, funky coastal interior
- Great sea views
- Walking distance to the beach, restaurants and pubs
- Can be booked with neighbouring Salt Air for couples wanting to holiday near to, but not with, each other
- Contemporary kitchen with integrated appliances
- Leisure club membership (admission fee applies)
- Outside sofa and comfy seating
- Flexible zip and link beds in bedroom two - twin or superking
All on one level
- Living room with floor to ceiling windows and door to patio area with sea views
- Kitchen/dining room with floor to ceiling windows and door to private enclosed outdoor seating area
- Master bedroom with king size bed and ensuite bathroom (shower over bath) and TV
- Bedroom two with flexible zip and link beds – twin or superking (please request when booking), ensuite shower room and TV
- Hallway with hidden utility area and washer/dryer
- Private rear patio area with outdoor sofa
- Front seating area with comfy seating for admiring the views
- Gated parking for one car and visitor parking
Please note floor plans are not to scale but for illustration purposes only.
Prices and Availability
Built on the site of the former Seafield seafood restaurant and just set back from the Seahouses to Bamburgh road, The Beach Pad sits slightly apart from the commercial hub of Seahouses, just a minute away on foot from the shops, restaurants and harbour. Park your car in the gated parking area for your stay as you can easily walk to the beach, the Farne Island boat stop and the private Ocean Leisure Club to which you have membership, as our guest, for the duration of your holiday (small entrance fee applies).
The Beach Pad is on the ground floor of this building with another Coastal Retreat, Salt Air, on the first floor above it, so can be booked together for those wanting to holiday under the same roof but with their own front door.
See here for what’s included in our Retreats stays
No pets allowed at The Beach Pad
Please note that all of our cottages are non-smoking
Arrival and departure
Arrival: 4pm (3pm from Nov-March)
Ideal couples coastal getaway. The zip and link beds in the second bedroom mean that, on request, the beds can be twins or superking for maximum flexibility. If you fancy leaving your car parked all holiday, you have just about everything on your doorstep. The Beach Pad is on the ground floor of this building with another Coastal Retreat, Salt Air, on the first floor above it, so can be booked together for those wanting to holiday under the same roof but with their own front door.
Guests should note that this is a ground floor apartment, directly below another Coastal Retreat, Salt Air, and there may occasionally be the noise of footsteps from above, over which we have no control.
The Beach Pad faces the main road in Seahouses, but has nothing but sea beyond that. Plantation shutters on the lounge and master bedroom windows provide the necessary privacy.
Mobile reception is quite poor in Seahouses but you are welcome to use the landline.
Superb all round! Location, views and interior all more than we could have hoped for.
We had such a lovely holiday. The apartment was superbly equipped, very modern, clean, fresh and just what we expected of Coastal Retreats. We loved the interior design and some of the quirky pieces of furniture. I am going home to decorate my house and use some of your ideas.
Sea views, walking distance to the pubs, fish and chip shops, boats to Farne Islands. Love Seahouses. Was a bit reticent to book something in the village as thought it would be noisy. On the contrary, we felt The Beach Pad was a little oasis of calm and a lovely place to return to in the evenings. We hardly used the car and walked up to Bamburgh twice along the beach and even walked the full length of beach from Seahouses along to Beadnell and then onto Newton by the Sea. A really great holiday.