You cannot fail to notice this Retreat, as its tall red brick chimney stands proudly above its fellow stone farm buildings in this delightful group of superior holiday cottages just outside of Bamburgh village. Pull up to the front door and you will see a fusion of rooflines and skylights, above carefully restored rustic stone work. Step inside the imposing timber doorway and catch your breath as you sense the open space, the original architectural features and the high end contemporary interior styling by Richard Grafton Interiors .
Recommended in Period Living’s Great Group Getaway List and featured on Channel 4 ‘s Homes by the Sea, The Chimney is great for groups whether that is a girl’s getaway or an escape for family or friends.
- Interesting architecture carefully restored in keeping with surrounding buildings, in particular the towering red brick chimney
- Exposed kingpost truss beams in the sitting area with oak flooring, built-in remote control living flame gas fire and remote controlled solar powered Velux windows
- Bamburgh Castle and sea views from the front door and master bedroom
- Kitchen with white painted oak units with granite worktops, Rangemaster 6 burner gas hob and multiple electric oven range with stainless steel high power extractor over, Nespresso machine, American style fridge with larder freezer and pull out larder storage with dishwasher, porcelain sink and chrome fittings. Italian porcelain floor
- Impressive sweeping oak staircase with galleried landing and glazed balustrade
- White Kohler high quality sanitary ware, Hansgrohe taps and power shower mixers, glazed shower screens and heated towel rails in all bath or shower rooms
- Bath and shower rooms fully tiled in natural stone Travertine wall and floor tiling with under floor heating
- External areas - private entrance with patios with outdoor furniture and parking areas paved in Chelsea setts. Garden areas with tree and shrub landscaping
- Leisure Club Membership (admission fee applies)
- Double height entrance hallway with sweeping staircase to first floor
- Shower room/WC
- Bedroom with twin beds and windows overlooking one of the inner gardens (can be made up as superking on request only, otherwise will be as found)
- Double doors to fully equipped white oak kitchen, dining area, open plan to double height living area
- Snug/second sitting room/TV room with patio doors to an inner garden
- Utility Room/laundry/drying room
- Master bedroom with superking bed, ensuite shower room and stunning views across to Bamburgh Castle and the Farne Islands
- Bedroom 2 with king size bed and ensuite shower room
- Bedroom 3 with twin beds
- Family bathroom with bath and separate shower
- Garage for parking of one car and storage of bikes/golf clubs etc
- Parking for up to 3 cars
- Paved and gravelled private outside patio areas
To see how The Chimney sits in relation to our other Retreats at Glororum, see the site plan.
Please note floor plans are not to scale but for illustration purposes only.
Prices and Availability
Just a mile outside of the very popular and picturesque village of Bamburgh, with views from the front of The Chimney to Bamburgh Castle and the sea. This cottage is located within a beautiful development of former farm buildings, at Glororum, completed in 2013. It sits on the same development as some of our other cottages – The Bamburgh Coach House (sleeps 5/6), The New Dairy (sleeps 4), The Clock House (sleeps 4) and Skyfall (sleeps 4) – ideal for a group of people wanting to holiday in the same place but with their own separate space.
Please note: This house is a family owned holiday home and as such is unsuitable for holding large parties. Small gatherings are, of course, welcome but no ‘open house’ please! Tents, hot tubs and mobile homes on the property are not permitted. Please refer to our Large group advice list for further information.
See here for what’s included in our Retreats stays
No pets allowed at The Chimney
Please note that all of our cottages are non-smoking
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: 4pm (3pm from Nov-March)
Ideal for a family celebration or for discerning parties where each bedroom requires its own bathroom. The large living space is ideal for entertaining.
Children at The Chimney
This cottage welcomes children but is perhaps more suited to older children.
LPG central heating via radiators and underfloor, and a large contemporary remote controlled gas fire.
Please note: Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
It’s perfect. A very grown up adult retreat (with some lovely child friendly touches too). No lawned garden but two private walled patio areas.
An exceptional property which hit the perfect tone for our Golden Wedding Anniversary get together
We loved watching it on Homes by the sea and it was even better in real life
The property was just great, and if the weather had been awful and kept us stuck in the house, it would not have been a trial for us!
Excellent well equipped luxury home, looking forward to future visits.
This is one of the best equipped properties we have stayed in and of a very high standard. An excellent place to stay
Fantastic weekend at the fabulous Chimney in Bamburgh. Wonderful house for a group gathering...very stylish... didn't want to leave!!