The Clock House
The Clock House offers interesting three-storey holiday accommodation within a beautifully renovated farm building on the same development as a number of other Coastal Retreats.
This farm renovation, just outside of Bamburgh village, has been finished to a high standard using traditional crafts and materials and the interior does not disappoint. With top floor and ground floor bedrooms and bathrooms in The Clock House, guests can have a degree of independence whilst enjoying the middle floor living area together.
- High quality contemporary finish throughout with oak flooring, underfloor heating, travertine tiling, oak doors
- First floor open plan living area with wall inset living flame gas fire and picture windows affording views to the Cheviot Hills. Three seater sofa and an armchair
- Two separate bedroom suites, making it ideal for 2 couples
- High specification kitchen with latte coloured shaker style units. Integrated dishwasher, electric oven with ceramic hob, fridge/freezer and microwave
- Flexible twin or superking bed arrangement (on request) in ground floor bedroom
- Lovely location within sight of Bamburgh Castle
- Leisure Club Membership (admission fee applies)
- Hallway with utility/laundry room
- Ground floor bedroom (twin or superking, please stipulate on booking) with ensuite bathroom with shower over bath
Staircase to First Floor
- Cosy open plan living/dining/kitchen area with living flame gas fire and west facing windows
Staircase to Top Floor
- Master bedroom suite with king-sized bed, large walk-in wardrobe, small sofa, ample space for a travel cot and an ensuite shower room
- Ample gravelled parking for 2/3 cars, small lawn, planted area and generous, fenced paved patio area with outdoor patio table and chairs to seat 6
For further details on how The Clock House sits in relation to our other Retreats at Glororum, see the Glororum site plan.
Please note floor plans are not to scale but for illustration purposes only.
Prices and Availability
Just a mile outside of the very popular and picturesque village of Bamburgh with views from the approach to The Clock House to Bamburgh Castle and the sea. This cottage is located within a beautiful development of former farm buildings, at Glororum, completed in 2012, and home to a number of our other cottages The Bamburgh Coach House (sleeps 5), The New Dairy (sleeps 4), Skyfall (sleeps 4) and The Chimney (sleeps 8). Ideal for a group of people wanting to holiday in the same place but with their own separate space.
For further information on the area, see our Bamburgh section.
See here for what’s included in our Retreats stays
Please note that all of our cottages are non-smoking and pets are not permitted at this cottage
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: 4pm (3pm from Nov-March)
Children at The Clock House
Gains our 3 starfish child-friendly rating. Children are welcome at The Clock House, but three-storey living with stairs, and the two bedrooms on separate floors, may make it less appealing for families with younger children. There are no special facilities for children in this cottage but the patio and gravelled areas are fenced so safe for playing, and there is a small lawn. A travel cot (please bring your own cot linen) and highchair are available on request.
Ideal for two couples, or two singles, looking for very independent sleeping and bathing accommodation but wanting to holiday together. A couple on their own would find it spacious but not too big. Would also suit a small family, perhaps with older children, wanting to take advantage of the excellent location for proximity to Bamburgh but enjoy a little rural charm and peace.
Full gas central heating with gas flame fire in the lounge. Underfloor heating in the bathrooms.
Please note: Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
Three storey living may not suit everyone but can have its advantages.
Just perfect for us as we had our own suite on the top floor and the in-laws had theirs on the ground floor. We met in the middle in the living room. Ideal holiday
Great location for everything and The Clock House was extremely comfortable
We really enjoyed the Clock House and we were fortunate to have good weather for long walks. We have stayed in your cottages before and have never been disappointed- keep up the good work
A bit quirky and different. A really lovely cottage and a fabulous region of the UK. We will come again as a short break was just too short. Must visit some more castles next time and book a game of golf
Very warm and welcoming cottage. We came last year and loved the region and the Clock House, so this year we did a re run. Might do next year too. There is so much to see and do in this region. Very very impressed