£474 per week
- Think Shepherd's Hut...think 'Glamping', but without the canvas and with a whole lot more of the 'glam'
- Single storey studio cottage within the coastal hamlet of Tughall Steads
- A short drive from Beadnell and Newton beaches
- Lounge area with log burner, large flat screen TV and doors to garden
- Your own garden with views over open fields to watch the sun go down
- Close to our other Retreats at Tughall Steads and an ideal annexe to The Smithy
- Private leisure club membership (entry fee applies)
- One single storey space incorporating, kitchen, dining, sleeping and seating area
- Compact bathroom with bath and shower over
- Private parking and lawned garden with outdoor furniture overlooking open countryside
- Detached utility room with laundry facilities in stone outhouse shared with The Smithy
Please note floor plans are not to scale but for illustration purposes only.
Oil central heating
Log burner with a starter supply of logs
Bedding and bath towels
A welcome tray of milk, tea, coffee and sugar
Starter supply of kitchen roll, dishwasher tablets, toilet roll, washing up liquid, salt and pepper
Toiletries for the first night of your stay
First Aid kit
Travel cot and high chair
Cooker and hob
Kitchen and tableware
Iron and ironing board
Mop, bucket, dustpan and brush
Flat screen TV
Books and magazines
Landline telephone with honesty box
Outdoor table and chairs
Key safe for independent arrival
Leisure club membership (small entry charge applies)
AVAILABLE BY REQUEST
Extra linen and towels (charges apply)
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
Arrival: 4pm (3pm from Nov-March)
This an old forge with all the quirkiness of an old building. Make no mistake, the space is compact (limited/hardly any storage space for personal items so travel light), the space either side of the bed is tight, but it's well planned and full of cosy character. The laundry facilities are not in the cottage itself but in the adjacent stone outbuilding shared with a neighbouring cottage. If you like space then this cottage isn't for you!
All of our Retreats are non-smoking.
Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
Terms and Conditions
To assist you in finding the perfect place to stay, we have awarded our cottages a Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum style rating. This is based on our own standards and the award is given according to a mixture of criteria - location, aesthetic appeal, standard of luxury, facilities offered and style factors.
For example, a Platinum award goes to our most stylish and all round exclusive properties and a Bronze award may go to a cottage that may be a little less refined in places but still meets the high standards necessary to fit into the collection.
THE FORGE IS A BRONZE RETREAT WITH A 2 STAR CHILD FRIENDLY RATING
Due to the limited space, The Forge is only suitable for a young baby.