£597 per week
- Independent wing of an early 20th Century country house on the outskirts of Embleton
- Within 15 minutes walk of Embleton Bay
- Open plan living area with log burner
- Well-equipped kitchen with window seat
- Grand master bedroom with choice of twin or superking beds (please request on booking)
- Bathrobes provided in the large ensuite bathroom
- Shower with grabrail
- Tranquil country setting with access to five acres of beautiful grounds, including a river, orchard and woodland
- Distant sea views from the living room, bedroom and outside decked area
- Private leisure club membership (entry fee applies)
- Covered storage for cyclists and use of two bikes
- Within walking distance of Embleton's pubs, restaurants, village store, golf club and tea rooms
- Large open plan lounge/kitchen/dining room with patio doors to the garden and cosy log burner
- Family bathroom/WC
- Spacious upstairs master bedroom with en suite bathroom and large walk in wet room style shower (big enough for two!) and free standing over sized bath (big enough for two!)
- Large timber decking area and private garden space with garden furniture
- The use of five acres of woodland, orchard, lawn and river frontage
- Covered space for storage of bikes
Please note floor plans are not to scale but for illustration purposes only.
- Oil central heating
- Log burner with a starter supply of logs
- Bedding and bath towels
- Starter supply of kitchen roll, dishwasher tablets, toilet roll, washing up liquid, salt and pepper
- Sewing kit
- First Aid kit
- Travel cot and high chair
- Cooker and hob
- Kitchen and tableware
- DeLonghi Caffe Treviso Espresso machine
- Iron and ironing board
- Vacuum cleaner
- Mop, bucket, dustpan and brush
- Tea towels
- Dish cloths
- Oven gloves
- Smart TV
- Books and magazines
- Landline telephone with honesty box
- Outdoor table and chairs
- Use of two bikes (please bring your own helmets)
- Golf clubs
- Key safe for independent arrival
- Leisure club membership (small entry charge applies)
Extra linen and towels (charges apply)
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
Arrival: 4pm (3pm from Nov-March)
The Lodge is attached to the owner's house but privacy should not be an issue, although you may see the owner walking past to the greenhouse occasionally! Mobile reception can be erratic at the Lodge and in Embleton generally, but there is a landline phone.
All of our Retreats are non-smoking.
Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
Terms and Conditions
To assist you in finding the perfect place to stay, we have awarded our cottages a Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum style rating. This is based on our own standards and the award is given according to a mixture of criteria - location, aesthetic appeal, standard of luxury, facilities offered and style factors.
For example, a Platinum award goes to our most stylish and all round exclusive properties and a Bronze award may go to a cottage that may be a little less refined in places but still meets the high standards necessary to fit into the collection.
THE LODGE @ SHIREWATER IS A GOLD RETREAT WITH A 1 STAR CHILD FRIENDLY RATING
Really only suitable for a babe in arms, but The Lodge has played host to a few toddlers too.
Click here to see all of our Christmas and New Year arrival and departure dates.