The Mast House
A beautiful, contemporary town house in the centre of Bamburgh.
The Mast House furnishings are characterised by clean contemporary lines with an elegant and refined interior finish. Guests will love the solidity of the high end oak flooring, the granite surfaces, timber doors and sleek Villeroy and Boch bathroom fittings, all in an ideal quiet, but convenient, village location.
- Superb quiet village location within walking distance of shops, castle, beach
- Guest Leisure Club Membership (admission fee applies)
- First floor living room with feature contemporary gas fire
- Top floor master bedroom with its own shower room
- Beautiful fitted kitchen with integrated appliances
- Accepts a well-behaved dog on request ( fee applies)
- Twin bedroom with oak furniture
- Bunk bedded room (full size bunks so comfortable and large enough for adults if neccessary)
- Shower room with WC
- Light and airy open plan kitchen/diner with table to seat eight
- French doors to totally enclosed patio garden (small but sweet)
- Small double bedroom with double bed
- Family bathroom with bath and shower over
- Cosy warm living room with views towards the Cheviot Hills and contemporary stone surround gas fire, flat screen wall mounted TV, two 3 seater sofas and 2 comfy chairs
- Spacious Master bedroom suite with king size bed, shower room and far reaching views (Ample space for a cot)
- Beautifully landscaped and presented patio an small enclosed garden area
- Parking for up to 2/3 cars
For details of how The Mast House sits in relation to the other Retreat in Mizen Court, see the site plan
Please note floor plans are not to scale but for illustration purposes only
Prices and Availability
A sought after location on a quiet road on the west side of the village of Bamburgh. The Mast House is located a few steps away from another Coastal Retreat, Castlegate, and is within a 1 minute walk of The Mizen Head Hotel which has recently become renowned for its excellent seafood restaurant. There are other pubs and restaurants in the village along with a church, shops and tearooms and award winning Grace Darling Museum. The enormous castle dominates the village and is well worth a look around. At the foot of the castle still stands the village cricket pitch and behind, to the east is one of the best beaches, arguably in the whole of the country, for its long stretches of white sand. Other facilities in the village include a tennis court and children’s park
For further details on the area, see our Bamburgh section
Please note: This house is a family owned holiday home and as such is unsuitable for holding large parties. Small gatherings are, of course, welcome but no ‘open house’ please! Tents, hot tubs and mobile homes on the property are not permitted. Please refer to our Large Group advice list for further information.
See here what’s included in our Retreats stays
Please note that all of our cottages are non-smoking
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: 4pm ( 3pm from Nov-March)
With 2 bedrooms on the ground floor, one on the first and one on the top floor and with bath or shower rooms on each floor, this large house presents very flexible accommodation. Two families could comfortably share the house. Also ideal for wedding parties celebrating at Bamburgh Castle and needing local accommodation
Children are welcome at The Mast House and it attains our 3 starfish child-friendly rating , due to the lack of a child friendly garden. Guests will find there are toys and children’s books in the house and a travel cot(please bring your own cot linen) and highchair are available on request. Children will love the bunk bedded room on the ground floor next to ground floor twin bedroom. There is a small enclosed garden and the property is situated on a quiet road. Older children may enjoy the independance of being able to walk to shops, beach and village amenities.
Please note: Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
It’s almost the perfect property!
The lounge is on first floor level and is quite compact. Fine for smaller groups but a bit of a squeeze for 8. The kitchen/diner is adequately sized but not huge.
The rear garden is small and slightly more adult in nature, in that there are no swings or play items just patio table and chairs, some tasteful planting and lots of sun!
Great location, great property!