The Old Barn
Budle Barns, near Bamburgh
Elegant furnishings amidst a wealth of original features await visitors to The Old Barn. It was simply that – an old barn – now transformed into a tasteful and luxurious holiday retreat. The 3 bedrooms all enjoy ensuite facilities, so the practicalities are well taken care of, leaving guests to appreciate the rich colour palette, the divine soft furnishings and to relax into a holiday to remember.
And should you ever wish to leave the house, you’ll find Bamburgh village with its castle, beach and lovely little shops, just a few minutes away by car. Holiday sorted.
Please note – wifi will not be available till mid May 2017
- A holiday home with an exceptional finish to the building and decor
- Superb quiet location less than a mile from the beach
- Contemporary logburner in the living room
- Original features of the old stone building retained
- Bespoke kitchen with all appliances
- Separate utility room
- 2 double bedrooms with ensuite facilities
- Quirky bedroom 3, complete with ensuite, will sleep up to 4, with TV and XBox (bring your own games)
- Oak flooring, doors and staircase
- When The Old Barn is booked, you have the opportunity to book Mulberry Cottage at a specially discounted rate
- Sitting room with doors to courtyard
- Dining kitchen with door to courtyard
- Utility room
Half landing leading to
- Bedroom 2 with king size bed and ensuite shower room
- First floor landing leading to:
- Master bedroom with king size bed and ensuite bathroom
- Bedroom 3 with ensuite shower room – sleeping up to 4 guests, this room has a bunk bed with double below and single on top, plus a feature built-in curtained single bed. A great children’s dormitory!
- Parking for 2 cars with additional visitor parking spaces shared with the rest of the development (see adjacent site plan for details)
- Walled courtyard garden with table and chairs
- Additional walled, but open to the elements, outside space to store bikes etc. (at guest’s own risk) There is a bike rack, but bring your own cycle lock.
Please note all plans are not to scale but for illustration purposes only
Prices and Availability
Situated around 2 miles from Bamburgh castle, The Old Barn is bordered by an organic grain farm on one side and open countryside to the three other elevations with views North to Budle Bay, Lindisfarne Castle and Holy Island from the site. There are some outstanding walks nearby leading to the open fields and coastal footpaths. The renovation of this cluster of farm buildings was completed in January 2017 and there are 10 holiday homes in total in this beautifully executed development.
The Old Barn is near to the road leading to the farm but the only traffic you will notice is the odd tractor or farm vehicle. Can be booked with neighbouring cottage Mulberry Cottage (sleeps 2) for larger gatherings.
See here what’s included in our Retreats stays
What else is at The Old Barn?
Nespresso coffee machine
TV s in all bedrooms and X Box in Bedroom 3
Please note that all of our cottages are non-smoking
No pets permitted at The Old Barn
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: 4pm ( 3pm from Nov-March)
Ideal accommodation for 2 families, with ensuite rooms for Mums and Dads and a great kids’ room to sleep up to 4. Need room for another two? Book with neighbouring Mulberry Cottage. The logburner allows it to appeal all year round.
Children at The Old Barn
Children are welcome at The Old Barn. They will love the quirky bunk-and-hidden-bedded room to sleep up to 4. Guests will find there are toys and children’s books in the house and a travel cot (please bring your own cot linen), and highchair are available on request.
Please note: Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.