The Wood Store
Tughall Steads near Newton by the sea
A cosy, yet spacious, converted barn on this relaxed coastal farm steading where we have a number of other Coastal Retreats. Light and contemporary interior with more than a few allusions to its wood store name in the design scheme.
With a beautiful professionally designed coastal style garden area, this cottage would be equally suited to couple or family holidaying alike.
Please note, the video tour below was taken before the garden redesign had taken place.
- Good sized fitted dining kitchen with farmhouse table to sit eight and exposed roof trusses and door to patio
- Ground floor double bedroom may suit those less mobile guests or those wanting a little independence from the other guests
- Cosy living room with contemporary logburner with feature 'log store' wallpaper and comfy seating
- Newly refurbished featuring some striking wallpapers by Ralph Lauren 'Plaid' and Conran
- Pretty professionally designed garden area
- Additional bedroom TVs in twin room and ground floor double
- Leisure Club Membership (admission fee applies)
- Entrance hallway
- Ground floor double bedroom
- Adjacent ground floor shower room
- Cosy living room with wood burning stove
- Spacious dining kitchen with table to sit eight
- Double bedroom with king sized bed
- Twin bedroom
- Family bathroom with shower over bath
- Private parking for up to 2/3 cars
- Private patio area with table and chairs
To see how The Wood Store sits in relation to our other Retreats at Tughall, see the plan of Tughall Steads.
Please note floor plans are not to scale but for illustration purposes only.
Prices and Availability
The hamlet of Tughall Steads is a collection of converted stone farm buildings and is mainly holiday homes. The houses are surrounded by open countryside and a five minute drive will take you to the beach at either Beadnell or Newton by the Sea. It is ideally situated for access to Bamburgh to the north and Craster to the south. It is located near to our other cottages High Mill, The Hemmel and Moo House and works particularly well with adjacent High Mill.
If you happen to look at Tughall Steads on Google Earth, please note that the apparent ‘airstrip’ shown nearby was last used in 1948!
For further information on the area, see our Tughall Steads and Newton by the sea section.
See here for what’s included in our Retreats stays
Please note that all of our cottages are non-smoking
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: 4pm (3pm from Nov-March)
Children are welcome at this property and would particularly enjoy the relaxed communal feel of Tughall Steads where there are plenty of children to play together. There is a new enclosed professionally landscaped patio garden area. It falls just short of our 5 starfish rating but is very child-friendly. A travel cot (please bring your own cot linen) and highchair are available on request.
Ideal for a family holiday. Would suit a party where a slightly separate or ground floor bedroom and bathing facilities are required. Works well when booked with High Mill for a large party as they are just metres away from each other. Also works well for couples who want a bit more space than a one bedroom property.
Full oil central heating with logburner in the lounge
Please note: Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
Just perfect for our family especially with the downstairs bedroom when the grandparents came to stay
Loved the design of the outdoor space - may try to replicate that at home!
A really cosy space, and we really enjoyed the relaxed feel at Tughall Steads - a location we wouldn't have thought of before
Very comfortable and well equipped cottage in a good location for Northumberland’s attractions with the added bonus that we could bring our dog!
Excellent accommodation. The area is really interesting. We've had a great holiday enjoyed by all ages in our family
Lovely décor. Like being in a magazine. Loved the unusual wallpapers and the beams. The log burner was so cosy. For a September holiday it was nice to have the option of putting the fire on if we needed it. Only lit it twice but it was very cosy (and very warm)
Tughall Steads is a lovely place to holiday, especially for those with young children