We are delighted to announce that six-year-old Ruari McLoughlin is the winner in our 500 words in the North competition. To read his winning poem and find out who the runners up were, please head over to our Blog. We will also be publishing all our shortlisted entries there over the coming weeks.
Thank you to all those children who submitted their poetry or prose. All entrants should have received a letter in the post, along with a certificate for taking part.
Ruari’s prize is for a short stay at House in the North – our family friendly getaway between Bamburgh and Seahouses, which sleeps 10 people.
Terms and Conditions
1. The competition is organised by the Coastal Retreats Ltd.
2. Entry to this competition is open to persons aged between 5 and 18 years on the 2nd June 2017, who are full time residents of the UK (including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man) except the children or close relatives of Coastal Retreats employees, or the children or close relatives of any person closely connected with the competition. Proof of age, identity and eligibility may be requested.
3. Entrants must write a piece of prose or poetry, fictional or factual (no more than 500 words in length). Entry is via this online entry form. Entrants will be asked to provide their name, gender, region and their age. They must enter the prose or poetry in the text box provided for submission. All stories should be submitted in English.
4. An adult will be required to approve the entry and agree to these Terms and Conditions on behalf of the entrant, by way of a check-box in the online form. The adult may be the child’s parent, guardian or teacher. The adult must provide their own contact and personal details (not the child’s).
The personal data provided will only be used for the purposes of administering the competition.
5. Entry closes at midnight on Friday, June 2, 2017.
6. Only one entry per person is permitted and the story must be wholly written by the entrant only; stories cannot be written by more than one person. If more than one entry is submitted, only the entrant’s first submission will be considered.
7. Entries cannot be returned so please remember to retain a copy. Unsuccessful entrants will be contacted in respect of their entry but no feedback on any entry will be provided.
8. All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party.
9. Entries must be suitable to be published or used online by Coastal Retreats for audiences of all ages.
10. Entrants retain the copyright for their entries but grant Coastal Retreats a perpetual non-exclusive royalty-free licence to publish, broadcast (across all media) and post the entry online and on any other platforms yet to be envisaged.
11. Coastal Retreats decision is final.