Departure Day Checklist
How do I check out of the Retreat I am staying at? Here’s a few things to remember…
- Please leave the key in the key safe so our housekeeping team can prepare the Retreat for our next guests.
- Please turn off all lights and make sure the windows are closed in the winter (especially the velux roof lights).
- Leave the accommodation in good order, and a clean condition, otherwise a cleaning charge will be levied.
- Turn back the beds that have been slept in and put used towels in a pile.
- Wash up your dishes and ensure the sink or dishwasher is clear of dirty crockery.
- Clean out the fire, if used.
- Please empty the bins and leave your bottles and newspapers out for recycling or place in the boxes provided in the garage/outhouse or in the blue wheelie bin/bags (depending upon which property you are staying in).
- If you have used any equipment from the outhouses/sheds/games rooms, could you please put them back in their place.
- If you have children in your party, please ask them to tidy up any games, jigsaws, toys etc so the children arriving after you have departed can enjoy them too.
Please inform us of any damage or loss, however caused, excluding reasonable wear and tear incurred during your stay so we can organise a replacement in time for incoming guests. Please feel free also to use the honesty box in your Retreat for smaller items, such as glasses etc.
Due to a very small number of unfortunate incidents in the past, we feel we must remind guests of our terms and conditions whereby, if a property is left in an unreasonable state, then we reserve the right to invoice guests or debit their credit/debit card the appropriate amount for additional cleaning, repairs or replacement. We are sorry to have to point this out.
For your own convenience, do check around the house for any of your belongings as we charge a minimum of £10 to return left items.
- Please complete the evaluation form and let us have your suggestions or ideas for improvements. This is a good place to inform us of any blown light bulbs, small repairs etc.
- Don’t forget to sign the visitor’s book – it’s always nice to read your comments and to hear how you have spent your stay here.
Please feel free to call or email us on your arrival home if you would like to discuss any aspect of your holiday with us. We’re all ears! We love to receive positive comments from our guests and will often use their quotes on our website. For any other types of comments, we are interested to hear your suggestions and take all complaints seriously.
If you would like to make a future booking (and we sincerely hope you do!) then give us a call to check availability of your chosen dates as soon as possible. We offer a 5% discount off any future booking and we’re always happy to have a chat with you to discuss the best property for you and your family/party.
Fiona and all the Retreats team