Beadnell Beach House
Holiday cottage locations don’t come much better than this and the interior space more than does justice to Beadnell Beach House’s stunning position, with private steps leading right onto Smuggler’s Cove beach. This architect-designed house brings you the sound of the waves, mesmerising views of the Northumberland coast and sand between your toes, just moments away from a spacious and light-filled interior. Comfortable furnishings and the simple pleasures of a beach holiday blend seamlessly at this luxury Retreat in walking distance of Beadnell’s pubs, bistro and village store.
Huge expanses of glass incorporated into the design maximise the sea views and allow the light to stream in, creating a very stylish, contemporary space, which is perfect for families and children as well as for private house parties, girls groups, groups of couples and friends. The architecture also provides a superb backdrop for the vivid contemporary Karen Willis artwork, all of which is available to purchase, should guests wish to.
- Superb location just steps from Beadnell's Smuggler's Cove beach
- A top-end architectural design with extensive use of glass maximising light and views
- Breathtaking uninterrupted sea views from ground and first floor
- Large terrace with outdoor furniture and BBQ, steps to beach (quite steep, but there is another more gentle access to the beach nearby)
- Well equipped kitchen including wine cooler, food processor, integrated microwave, large fridge and Dolce Gusto coffee machine
- Large TV in downstairs living area, Sky Q system and surround sound system for CDs/iPod
- Enclosed dog accommodation in the garage for up to two dogs
- Sofa bed in upstairs master bedroom can be requested for an additional adult or up to two children (mention at time of booking)
- Private leisure club membership (entry fee applies)
- Spacious entrance hallway
- Large open plan living, dining, kitchen area opening out onto a terrace, with sea views
- Fully fitted contemporary kitchen with island cooking station all in lacquered macassar ebony finish and bar stools round the island unit
- Bedroom 1 with flexible superking or twin beds (will be ‘as found’ unless requested on booking) and ensuite bathroom with separate shower accessed via the bedroom or the hallway
- Utility room off kitchen with sink
- Downstairs WC
- Attached garage with dog accommodation if needed or useful storage space
- Master bedroom with king size bed and ensuite with bath and shower. Additional sofa bed in this room suitable for an adult or two children can be made up on request
- Bedroom 3 with a double and single bed
- Bedroom 4 with flexible super king or twin zip and link beds (please state at time of booking how you want this made up otherwise it is ‘as found’) and a single bed
- Bedrooms 3 and 4 share a ‘jack and jill’ style shower room
- Second living area with panoramic views overlooking the beach at Smugglers’ Cove
- First floor landing of almost cathedral-like proportions with glass correspondence station – an ideal study area if you really can’t leave the office at home. Serves as superb gallery for the contemporary and bold artwork of Karen Willis
- Balcony off the first floor lounge with small bistro table and two chairs
- Large terrace off the ground floor living area with outdoor table and chairs, BBQ, children’s toys and swing seat
- Garage suitable for storage of bikes, sports equipment etc and special enclosed accommodation for dogs
- Extra storage area for bikes etc
- Parking on private driveway for 3/4 vehicles and further parking available close by.
Please note floor plans are not to scale but for illustration purposes only.
Prices and Availability
Set at the edge of Smuggler’s Cove beach, Beadnell, and within walking distance of local village amenities including two well-known pubs, The Craster Arms and The Beadnell Towers, and The Salt Water Cafe bistro. See our eating out guide for more details. The village store is also close by along with a fish and chip shop which opens on Fridays in the winter and most days in the holidays. Enjoy a superb 45-minute walk along Smuggler’s Cove Beach to Seahouses where you can pick up boats to the Farne Islands or head south via the main Beadnell Beach to Newton.
Please note: This house is a family owned holiday home and as such is unsuitable for holding large parties. Small gatherings are, of course, welcome but no ‘open house’ please. Tents, hot tubs and mobile homes on the property are not permitted. Please refer to our large group advice list for further information.
See here for what’s included in our Retreats stays
Please note all of our cottages are non-smoking
Additional facilities particular to Beadnell Beach House
Enclosed dog accommodation in attached garage.
Dolce Gusto coffee machine (add some pods to your shopping list), filter coffee machine and wine cooler.
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: 4pm (3pm from Nov-March)
Ideal for two or three families sharing, a large party of friends, girls groups, hen parties, birthday get-togethers, golfing and walking parties.
Beadnell Beach House is a children’s paradise as it has the beach as its playground. You’ll also find a dressing up box and toys to entertain the young ones. The patio area is enclosed but the steps down to the beach are a little steep and so supervision of toddlers is advised. Up to two travel cots (please bring your own cot linen) and two highchairs are available on request.
Full oil central heating.
Please note: Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
Some of the furnishings are a little more ‘well-loved home comfort’ than plush designer chic, in keeping with its laid-back beachside location.
The steps down to the beach from the terrace are steep and unsuitable for toddlers or those who are unsteady on their feet. There is a public access path very close by which is better.
The Beadnell Beach House lived up to our expectations........ and MORE! Can we book the same two weeks next year please?
Love the area. Ideal house for family and friends holiday. Excellent company who appear to care that all should be trouble free.
A perfect venue for our family gathering, made even more perfect by extraordinary good weather. Picnics on the beach, fires on the beach, walks on the beach, runs on the beach....we will most definitely return to this gorgeous house or to one of your other beach side properties.
What a pad, what a location!
This is our third stay at Beadnell Beach House and we intend to come back again. Fantastic location, great living space and perfect for our extended family.
This is the second year in the Beach House for our family and everyone had a great time. Here's to next year - the grandchildren are planning it already.
We fortunately stayed during a period of perfect weather and the position on the beach was one of my dream holidays.I am a Pisces! The grandchildren loved rock pooling and founds lots of crabs. They also enjoyed the pools to swim in when the tide came in.