Beadnell Beach House
Holiday cottage locations don’t come much better than this. And the interior space more than does justice to its stunning position, with private steps leading right onto the beach. This architect-designed house brings you the sound of the waves, mesmerising coastal views and sand between your toes, just steps away from a spacious and light-filled interior. Comfortable furnishings and the simple pleasures of a beach holiday blend seamlessly in this property.
Huge expanses of glass incorporated into the design maximise the sea views and the light streaming in, to make a very stylish, contemporary space, yet perfect for families and children as well as for private house parties, girls groups, groups of couples and friends. The architecture provides a superb backdrop for the vivid contemporary Karen Willis artwork, all of which is available to purchase, should guests wish to.
- Superb location just steps from Beadnell's Smuggler's Cove Beach
- A top-end architectural design with extensive use of glass maximising light and views
- Breath-taking uninterrupted sea views from ground and first floor
- Large terrace with outdoor furniture and bbq, steps to beach (quite steep, but there is another more gentle access to beach nearby)
- Well equipped kitchen including wine cooler, food processor, integrated microwave, large fridge, Dolce Gusto coffee machine
- Large TV in downstairs living area and surround sound system for CDs/Ipod
- Enclosed dog accommodation in the garage for up to 2 dogs
- Sofa bed in upstairs master bedroom can be requested for an additional adult or up to 2 children (order at time of booking)
- Guest Leisure Club Membership (admission fee applies)
- Spacious Entrance Hallway
- Large open-plan living, dining, kitchen area opening on to terrace and sea views
- Fully fitted contemporary kitchen with island cook station all in lacquered macassar ebony finish and bar stools round the island unit
- Bedroom 1 with flexible superking or twin beds (will be ‘as found’ unless requested on booking) and ensuite bathroom with separate shower accessed via the bedroom or the hallway
- Utility room off kitchen with sink
- Downstairs WC
- Attached garage with dog accommodation if needed or useful storage space.
- Master bedroom with king size bed and ensuite with bath and shower. Additional sofa bed in this room can be made up ON REQUEST suitable for 1 adult or 2 children
- Bedroom 3 with a double and a single bed
- Bedroom 4 with flexible super-king or twin zip and link beds (Please state at time of booking how you want this made up otherwise it is ‘as found’) and a single bed
- Bedrooms 3 and 4 share a ‘jack and jill’ style shower room
- Second living area with panoramic views overlooking the beach at Smugglers’ Cove (perfect for adults, whilst the children are downstairs or on the beach!)
- First floor landing of almost cathedral-like proportions with glass correspondence station – an ideal study area if you really can’t leave the office at home! Serves as superb gallery for the contemporary and bold artwork displayed by Karen Willis
- Balcony off the first floor lounge with small bistro table and two chairs
- Large Terrace off the ground floor living area with outdoor table and chairs, BBQ, children’s toys and timber freestanding hammock
- Garage suitable for storage of bikes, sports equipment etc and special enclosed accommodation for dogs
- External extra storage area for bikes etc
- Parking on private drive for 3/4 vehicles and further parking available closeby
Please note floor plans are not to scale but for illustration purposes only
Prices and Availability
Set at the edge of the Smugglers Cove beach at Beadnell and within walking distance of local amenities in Beadnell village including the two well known pubs, The Craster Arms and The Beadnell Towers. The local village store is close by along with a fish and chip shop which opens on Fridays in the winter and most days in the holidays.
The walk along Smugglers Cove Beach to Seahouses is a superb 45 minute walk. Good beach for rock pooling, partying and beach barbies
For further details on the area, see our Beadnell section
Please note: This house is a family owned holiday home and as such is unsuitable for holding large parties. Small gatherings are, of course, welcome but no ‘open house’ please! Tents, hot tubs and mobile homes on the property are not permitted. Please refer to our Large Group advice list for further information.
See here what’s included in our Retreats stays
Please note that all of our cottages are non-smoking
Additional facilities particular to Beadnell Beach House
Enclosed dog accommodation in attached garage
Dolce Gusto coffee machine (add some pods to your shopping list), Filter coffee machine, wine cooler
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: 4pm ( 3pm from Nov-March)
Ideal for 2 or 3 families sharing or a large party of friends with ample living space. Ideal for girls groups, hen parties, birthday get-togethers, golfing and walking parties
Children at Beadnell Beach House
A children’s paradise, as this accommodation has the beach as its playground! Dressing up box and toys. The patio area is enclosed but we do like to point out that the steps down to the beach are a little steep and so supervision of toddlers would be advised at this point. Up to 2 travel cots (please bring your own cot linen)and 2 highchairs available on request.
Full oil central heating
Please note: Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
Some of the furnishings are a little more ‘well-loved home comfort’ than plush designer chic, in keeping with its laid-back beachside location.
The steps down to the beach from the terrace, are steep and unsuitable for toddlers or those who are unsteady on their feet. There is a public access path very close by which is better.
The Beadnell Beach House lived up to our expectations........ and MORE! Can we book the same 2 weeks next year please?
A perfect venue for our family gathering, made even more perfect by extraordinary good weather. Picnics on the beach, fires on the beach, walks on the beach, runs on the beach....we will most definitely return to this gorgeous house or to one of your other beach side properties
Congratulations to Coastal Retreats for giving us such a superb holiday yet again. Thanks to all the dedicated staff who look after us so well
What a pad, what a location!
This is our third stay at Beadnell Beach House and we intend to come back again. Fantastic location, great living space and perfect for our extended family.
This is the second year in the Beach House for our family and everyone had a great time. Here's to next year - the grandchildren are planning it already.