Bamburgh Coach House
An excellent choice for families visiting Bamburgh, this former coach house is a light and airy conversion with all the fun of a large garden and detached indoor heated games room. Glimpses of the sea and The Farne Islands can be seen from the two upstairs bedrooms and the spacious second triple bedroom has the flexibility of sleeping a sixth guest on request.
At just a mile down the road, you will find all the amenities of Bamburgh village including shops, restaurants, the beach and castle.
Find out about the family behind the Bamburgh Coach House.
- High quality farm steading conversion with great attention to detail
- Rural feeling location but one mile from the beach, Bamburgh Castle and village
- Quality fitted kitchen features; Neff integrated gas hob, stainless steel extractor, electric oven and microwave, dishwasher, fridge/freezer and oak worktops
- First floor master bedroom featuring Nina Campbell wallpaper, plantation shutters, and great views over open countryside and to the Farne Islands
- Lovely lawned garden and indoor games room with table tennis, table football and kid's corner
- Leisure club membership (admission fee applies)
- Entrance hallway with downstairs WC and cloaks
- Lounge with contemporary remote controlled flame gas fire, double doors onto a south facing patio and contemporary artwork by Karen Willis
- Fully fitted painted oak Shaker style kitchen with dining table to seat six guests (or even eight if needed) and with glazed patio door to garden
- Utility/laundry room
- Master bedroom with king size bed, TV and views towards The Farne Islands from the velux rooflight, East Coast plantation shutters and stylish Nina Campbell wallpaper
- Large second bedroom with three single beds and occasional truckle bed for 4th child (this bed can be made up as a double bed, please state at time of booking how you would like this made up otherwise it is ‘as found’)
- Family bathroom with shower over bath
- Plenty of private parking for up to 3/4 cars
- Large heated indoor games barn with table tennis, table football and kid’s corner
- Good-sized lawned enclosed garden with patio for al fresco dining featuring teak outdoor furniture to seat six guests
Please note floor plans are not to scale but for illustration purposes only.
Prices and Availability
Glororum is situated less than a mile inland from the very popular Bamburgh village with its far reaching sandy beach, famous castle, shops and eateries. The village is a two minute drive or a five minute cycle ride away.
The Bamburgh Coach House itself is part of a recent prestigious farm building development of 12 properties, each having its own private parking and outdoor space.
For further information on the area, see our Bamburgh section.
See here for what’s included in our Retreats stays
Please note that all of our cottages are non-smoking.
Pets are not permitted at this cottage.
Facilities particular to The Bamburgh Coach House
Indoor games barn with table tennis, table football and kid’s corner.
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: 4pm (3pm from Nov-March)
Children will enjoy the garden with trike and small seesaw and indoor games barn with table tennis table, table football and kid’s corner. The decor in the twin room is fun and there are books, a reading corner with beanbag and a dolls’ house for little ones. There’s even a full size keyboard for those with a musical bent. A travel cot (please bring your own cot linen) and highchair are available on request.
Would accommodate a larger family given that the second bedroom can sleep four children if the truckle bed is requested, but the space would equally suit one or two couples holidaying together.
LPG Underfloor heating with contemporary living flame gas fire in the living room.
Please note: Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
The property was beautifully presented and well furnished. It was just like the photos!
Property was absolutely spotless
We chose to have all our meals apart from lunch at the property, and it had everything we needed in terms of kitchen equipment.
We loved the extra equipment we could borrow from the games room cupboard. The kids used the body boards for sledging down the sand dunes! The highlight of their trip! We also used the windbreak which was very handy as we don't own one. The table tennis table is brilliant and the main reason why I chose this property! Lots of spare balls and bats.
Many thanks to Coastal Retreats, you've come up trumps yet again. Every cottage you take on is better than the last! We have had such a fabulous holiday. Thanks team (5th year running)
So close to Bamburgh. Hadn't realised how perfect Glororum was in terms of accessing everything we wanted to see. Handy for travelling north to Holy Island, Ross Sands, Paxton House, Sunnyhills Farm Shop in Belford and Chainbridge Honey Farm (loved the double decker bus cafe and the vintage antique shop there), and equally handy for heading south to The Alnwick Garden, Seahouses, Beadnell, Embleton, Dunstanburgh Castle, and of course Bamburgh is on the doorstep.
The see-saw and table tennis were big hits with our toddlers and seven year olds. So much so, we almost had to drag them out of the garden! The Coach House was lovely to come back to at the end of the day - a peaceful little idyll.
We holidayed with another company in Northumberland last year to save some money and regretted it. We spent all holiday saying, we should have gone with Coastal Retreats. This holiday has been so different in so many ways and we will definitely be sticking to Coastal Retreats in the future. Thanks to Fiona, Jo and the girls in the office and also to Andrena who helped us out half way through the week when we lost the key to our car!
Have come home with my head full of design ideas. Must get hold of that cow wallpaper in the kitchen. We all loved it.
Perfect for us with our three children. The games room was a huge hit. A perfect holiday.
The Coach House was really lovely. We booked it along with neighbouring The New Dairy as we were holidaying with the grandparents, seven of us in total.
The games room was brilliant - for all of us, young and old. Lovely to sit in there watching the kids enjoying the space and the garden.