This very contemporary property forms part of a high quality conversion of a Grade II listed building within walking distance of Berwick town centre and right on the waterfront. Once a whaling house, then a small maltings serving Berwick’s very own brewery, before becoming a home for sail making, this building has taken on a new lease of life with this stunning conversion into 12 superior townhouses of which Waterfront is one.
The view overlooks the estuary of the River Tweed with further uninterrupted views towards Bamburgh Castle and Holy Island. Huge timber roof beams, deep window sills and cast iron columns characterise this property, and the professionally designed interior décor more than lives up to the character of its architecture. Waterfront also benefits from a small ‘secret garden’ tucked up behind the house which is worth the climb up the staircase of the neighbouring apartment building for the views! Not ideal for young children but a super little outside space to grab some sunshine or to retreat to with a flask of coffee and a good book.
Please note there is no leisure club membership at Waterfront
- Its waterfront location gives superb sea views as far as Bamburgh Castle and Holy Island
- Living area with large l-shaped sofa and additional swivel chair and bean bag, from which to watch the large flat screen TV or appreciate the views
- Private parking space to the side of Waterfront and ample on street parking
- The building has real character and has been renovated to maintain original features
- Impressive little secret garden tucked behind the Maltings for use by residents and holiday guests staying here. Accessed by exterior steep stone steps and a padlocked gate, the views are worth the climb!
- All bedrooms have extra large comfy beds. The ground floor bedroom has the option of super king or twin ( request when booking please)
- Superb fitted kitchen with integrated Siemens appliances and granite work tops
- Bedroom with versatile zip and link beds twin (3ft “) or superking ( 6ft ” ) with double wardrobe and sea views (Please let us know how you would like these beds made up, otherwise the beds will be presented as found)
- Ensuite with jacuzzi bath and separate shower.
- Utility/cloak room with sink, washer/dryer and room to hang coats
- Entrance hallway
- Master bedroom with king size bed, small wardrobe and ensuite shower room. Sea views
- Bedroom with super king bed and double wardrobe. Sea views
- Family shower room
- Open plan living/dining/kitchen area with balcony overlooking the bay with stunning sea views
- There is on street parking around the house and as of September 1st 2017, there will be a small private parking space adjacent to the house
- Balcony off the top floor living area
- Communal garden area with seating a short climb at the back of the house
Please note floor plans are not to scale but for illustration purposes only
Prices and Availability
Berwick is an attractive coastal town on the River Tweed which forms part of the border between England and Scotland. It is officially part of England but curiously its football team is famous for playing in the Scottish football league. The town is also known for its association with painter LS Lowry and there is a trail of information about him around the town. We also recommend the walk around the town ramparts and the many independent shops and cafes along Bridge Street.
Waterfront has an ideal location by the waterside and is only a few minutes walk from the town centre. By car, the beautiful borders countryside and coastline are easily accessible.
For further information on the area, see our Scottish Borders section
See here what’s included in our Retreats stays
Pets are not allowed at Waterfront
Please note that all of our cottages are non-smoking
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: 4pm ( 3pm from Nov-March)
Would equally suit a couple or up to 3 couples holidaying together as large beds and a bathroom for each bedroom are added bonuses. A family with older children would also enjoy the space. Ideal for bird watchers – binoculars provided!
Children are most welcome at this property but there are no special facilities for them other than books and dvds. A travel cot (please bring your own cot linen) and highchair and are available on request
Full central heating
Please note: Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
Please note there is no Leisure Club membership at Waterfront
As a 3 storey contemporary house, its not ideal if you don’t like stairs and you don’t like contemporary!
The secret garden is accessed via a stairway through the communal foyer of the building and a bit of a hike (worth it though, for the views alone)
The private parking space is right by the side wall of the house and is tight if you have a large car, in which case you may prefer to leave your car on the street outside the house
'Waterfront better in real life than amazing pics on website! Didn't think it possible!' guest via Twitter
Walking round the castle walls on a warm sunny day with magnificent sea views and stumbling across some stunning Georgian properties and equally stunning little restaurant on Bridge St was just wonderful
10 out of 10 for location and interior design
Superb views, superb accommodation - great holiday. Thanks, Coastal Retreats, for everything.
We would highly recommend Waterfront. Fantastic property, so relaxing and very comfortable, everything you want in a holiday home.
We are just back from another fantastic stay at Waterfront, Berwick upon Tweed - a lovely property with a great outlook, the balcony overlooking the sea is perfect on a lovely sunny evening. The property is so comfortable and has everything you could want, you will not want to leave it