The Apple Store
nr Newton by the sea
This house has been deep in clutches of the Retreats design team and has had a full makeover. Inspired by Autumn’s rich harvest from the delightful garden, its new owner has named it The Apple Store, and its interior does, in parts, pay homage to this most traditional english fruit.
Walls have been knocked down and spaces opened up. Expect green and russet hues, amidst a backdrop of rustic timbers, handmade furniture and contemporary flourishes
And help yourself from the orchard area, if you’re there at the right time of year – the hardest part will be deciding which apple recipe to use to conjure up culinary delights.
N.B. The interior is now finished and professional photos and a video tour will follow soon
- Refurbished barn conversion with enclosed lawned garden
- Living/dining area with logburner
- Kitchen/breakfast room with doors straight to the garden
- Quiet rural location but just a mile or so from the sea
- Garden with patio, fruit orchard area, swing and wendy house
- Master bedroom with ensuite shower room
- TVs in all bedrooms
- 49 inch TV with Dvd player and Xbox
- Spacious open plan living/dining space with logburner
- Leads straight into kitchen/breakfasting area with doors to the garden
- Utility/Laundry room
- Downstairs WC
- Master bedroom with king size bed and ensuite shower room
- 2nd double bedroom with king size bed
- 3rd bedroom with bunk beds with double below and single on top (to sleep 3)
- Large family bathroom with freestanding bath and walk in shower and his and hers basins
- Beautiful rear garden with orchard area, lawn and patio
- Children’s double swing and wendy house
- Garden shed for bike storage
- Front sitting out area
- Private parking for 2 cars
Please note plans are not to scale but for illustration purposes only
Prices and Availability
In the quiet farm hamlet of Tughall Steads just a couple of miles from Newton by the sea, The Apple Store is set amongst a number of other Coastal Retreats cottages down a country lane and surrounded by open farmland. Its garden is immediately adjacent to that of High Mill so would work well booked with that, and is directly opposite The Studio across the courtyard. The popular cove and village of Beadnell are 5 minutes by car and Bamburgh village with its famous castle is a 10 minute drive away.
If you happen to look at Tughall Steads on google earth, please note that the apparent ‘airstrip’ shown nearby was last used in 1948!
For further information on the area, see our Tughall Steads section and our plan of our other cottages in the hamlet below
See here what’s included in our Retreats stays
Please note that all of our cottages are non-smoking
A well-behaved dog is permitted at The Apple Store
Facilities particular to The Apple Store
Dualit filter coffee machine
Garden shed for bike or golf club storage
X Box connected to living room TV
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: 4pm ( 3pm from Nov-March)
One family, or two looking to enjoy the peaceful rural location. Larger groups may look at The Apple Store to book with other Tughall cottages. The cosy nature of the interior means that it still be suitable for a couple or small party of guests looking for somewhere more spacious
Children at The Apple Store
Very child-friendly with a lovely enclosed garden with double swings and Wendy house and we can provide a cot and highchair on request.
There is full oil central heating and a logburner in the lounge.
Please note: Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.