- £797 per week
- £114 per night
- 5 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- No Pets
- Games room
- Welcome pack
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 3 single beds
- 1 sofa bed
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 2 WCs
- Towels provided
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Garden, courtyard or patio
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Private parking
- Rural location
- Ground floor WC
Important - please note
- Check in: 4pm
- Check out: 10am
Read the full Access Statement for this property.
An excellent choice for families visiting Bamburgh, this former coach house is a light and airy conversion with all the fun of a large garden and detached indoor heated games room. Recently featured in the British Travel Journal, it has glimpses of the sea and The Farne Islands from the two upstairs bedrooms and the spacious second triple bedroom has the flexibility of sleeping a sixth guest on request.
At just a mile down the road, you will find all the amenities of Bamburgh village including shops, restaurants, the beach and castle.
From its large south-facing patio and lawned garden, you can catch the sun at all times of day at Bamburgh Coach House. Patio doors from the downstairs dining kitchen and lounge lead onto the outside space where you can dine al fresco or enjoy garden games with the family. The heated games room can be found directly across the gravelled patio from the lounge, so you can keep an eye on the younger ones from the comfort of the sofa.
- High quality farm steading conversion with great attention to detail
- Rural meets coastal location, one mile from the beach, Bamburgh Castle and village
- Quality fitted kitchen features; Neff integrated gas hob, stainless steel extractor, electric oven and microwave, dishwasher, fridge/freezer and oak worktops
- First floor master bedroom featuring Nina Campbell wallpaper, plantation shutters and great views over open countryside and to the Farne Islands
- Triple bedroom with extending bed for sixth guest on request
- Lovely lawned garden and indoor heated games room with table tennis, table football and kid's corner
- Leisure club membership (admission fee applies)
- Entrance hallway with downstairs WC and cloakroom
- Lounge with contemporary remote controlled flame gas fire, double doors onto a south facing patio and contemporary artwork by Karen Willis
- Fully fitted painted oak Shaker style kitchen with dining table to seat six guests (or even eight if needed) and with glazed patio door to garden
- Utility/laundry room
- Master bedroom with king size bed, TV and views towards The Farne Islands from the velux rooflight, East Coast plantation shutters and stylish Nina Campbell wallpaper
- Large second bedroom with three single beds
- Family bathroom with shower over bath
- Plenty of private parking for up to 3/4 cars
- Large heated indoor games barn with table tennis, table football and kid's corner
- Good-sized lawned enclosed garden with patio for al fresco dining featuring teak outdoor furniture to seat six guests
- LPG underfloor heating
- Living flame gas fire
- Bedding and bath towels
- Starter supply of kitchen roll, dishwasher tablets, toilet roll, washing up liquid, salt and pepper
- Sewing kit
- First Aid kit
- Travel cot and high chair
- Gas hob
- Kitchen and tableware
- Coffee maker
- Iron and ironing board
- Vacuum cleaner
- Mop, bucket, dustpan and brush
- Tea towels
- Dish cloths
- Oven gloves
- Smart TV
- Books and magazines
- Landline telephone with honesty box
- Toys and games
- Outdoor table and chairs
- Games barn with table tennis and table football
- Key safe for independent arrival
- Leisure club membership (small entry charge applies)
AVAILABLE BY REQUEST
Extra linen and towels (charges apply)
Almost no downsides to this property. There is no log burner here but a contemporary wall-mounted gas fire.
Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
It is suitable for children of all ages who will enjoy the garden with trike and small seesaw and indoor games barn with table tennis table, table football and kid's corner. The decor in the triple room is fun and there are books, a reading corner with beanbag and a dolls' house for little ones. There's even a full size keyboard for those with a musical bent.
The property was beautifully presented and well furnished. It was just like the photos! We chose to have all our meals apart from lunch at the property, and it had everything we needed in terms of kitchen equipment. We loved the extra equipment we could borrow from the games room cupboard. The kids used the body boards for sledging down the sand dunes! The highlight of their trip! We also used the windbreak which was very handy as we don't own one. The table tennis table is brilliant and the main reason why I chose this property! Lots of spare balls and bats.
So close to Bamburgh. Hadn't realised how perfect Glororum was in terms of accessing everything we wanted to see. Handy for travelling north to Holy Island, Ross Sands, Paxton House, Sunnyhills Farm Shop in Belford and Chainbridge Honey Farm (loved the double decker bus cafe and the vintage antique shop there), and equally handy for heading south to The Alnwick Garden, Seahouses, Beadnell, Embleton, Dunstanburgh Castle, and of course Bamburgh is on the doorstep.
The see-saw and table tennis were big hits with our toddlers and seven year olds. So much so, we almost had to drag them out of the garden! The Coach House was lovely to come back to at the end of the day - a peaceful little idyll.
We holidayed with another company in Northumberland last year to save some money and regretted it. We spent all holiday saying, we should have gone with Coastal Retreats. This holiday has been so different in so many ways and we will definitely be sticking to Coastal Retreats in the future.
Have come home with my head full of design ideas. Must get hold of that cow wallpaper in the kitchen. We all loved it.
The Bamburgh Coach House itself is part of a recent prestigious farm building development of 12 properties, each having its own private parking and outdoor space.