Bamburgh Coach House
Bamburgh & Holy Island Area, Northumberland Coastal
- Special OfferUp to 15% off Special Offer Discount - selected dates
- Special OfferSave 10% on holidays between 1st November and 21st December
- Special OfferSave 10% on holidays between 5th January and 8th February 2024
- Special OfferSave 15% on Christmas & New year holidays between 22nd December & 4th January
- £879 per week
- £126 per night
- 5 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- No Pets
- Games room
- Welcome pack
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 3 single beds
- 1 sofa bed
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 2 WCs
- Towels provided
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Garden, courtyard or patio
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Outdoor storage
- Private parking
- Rural location
- Ground floor WC
Important - please note
- Check in: 16:00
- Check out: 10:00
Read the full Access Statement for this property.
An excellent choice for families visiting Bamburgh, this former coach house is a light and airy conversion with all the fun of a large garden and detached indoor heated games room. Recently featured in the British Travel Journal, it has glimpses of the sea and The Farne Islands from the two upstairs bedrooms and the spacious second triple bedroom has the flexibility of sleeping a sixth guest on request.
At just a mile down the road, you will find all the amenities of Bamburgh village including shops, restaurants, the beach and castle.
From its large south-facing patio and lawned garden, you can catch the sun at all times of day at Bamburgh Coach House. Patio doors from the downstairs dining kitchen and lounge lead onto the outside space where you can dine al fresco or enjoy garden games with the family. The heated games room can be found directly across the gravelled patio from the lounge, so you can keep an eye on the younger ones from the comfort of the sofa.
- High quality farm steading conversion with great attention to detail
- Rural meets coastal location, one mile from the beach, Bamburgh Castle and village
- Quality fitted kitchen features; Neff integrated gas hob, stainless steel extractor, electric oven and microwave, dishwasher, fridge/freezer and oak worktops
- First floor master bedroom featuring Nina Campbell wallpaper, plantation shutters and great views over open countryside and to the Farne Islands
- Triple bedroom with extending bed for sixth guest on request
- Lovely lawned garden and indoor heated games room with table tennis, table football and kid's corner
- Entrance hallway with downstairs WC and cloakroom
- Lounge with contemporary remote controlled flame gas fire, double doors onto a south facing patio and contemporary artwork by Karen Willis
- Fully fitted painted oak Shaker style kitchen with dining table to seat six guests (or even eight if needed) and with glazed patio door to garden
- Utility/laundry room
- Master bedroom with king size bed, TV and views towards The Farne Islands from the velux rooflight, East Coast plantation shutters and stylish Nina Campbell wallpaper
- Large second bedroom with three single beds
- Family bathroom with shower over bath
- Plenty of private parking for up to 3/4 cars
- Large heated indoor games barn with table tennis, table football and kid's corner
- Good-sized lawned enclosed garden with patio for al fresco dining featuring teak outdoor furniture to seat six guests
- LPG underfloor heating
- Living flame gas fire
- Bedding and bath towels
- Starter supply of kitchen roll, dishwasher tablets, toilet roll, washing up liquid, salt and pepper
- Sewing kit
- First Aid kit
- Travel cot and high chair
- Gas hob
- Kitchen and tableware
- Coffee maker
- Iron and ironing board
- Vacuum cleaner
- Mop, bucket, dustpan and brush
- Tea towels
- Dish cloths
- Oven gloves
- Smart TV
- Books and magazines
- Landline telephone with honesty box
- Toys and games
- Outdoor table and chairs
- Games barn with table tennis and table football
- Key safe for independent arrival
AVAILABLE BY REQUEST
Extra linen and towels (charges apply)
Almost no downsides to this property. There is no log burner here but a contemporary wall-mounted gas fire.
Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
It is suitable for children of all ages who will enjoy the garden with trike and small seesaw and indoor games barn with table tennis table, table football and kid's corner. The decor in the triple room is fun and there are books, a reading corner with beanbag and a dolls' house for little ones. There's even a full size keyboard for those with a musical bent.
Love the property, is ideal for a holiday with children and was immaculately clean. Only issues were reported on last stay and still persist - minor issue is that tv remote does not work properly. Much bigger issue is there is a bluebottle nest in the velux window of the master bedroom so that if the window opens dozens of flies fly in.
We had a fantastic time! This was a combination of honeymoon for my wife and I, and family holiday with three boisterous kids. The cottage was lovely, filled with nice touches and useful things to make our stay all the more fun - the body-boards, wind break, the selection of books, dvds and things in the playroom, etc etc! The house had a lovely homely feel to it. Bamburgh is a lovely location and we loved having the dawns light streaming through the bedroom window. The booking process, check in and check out were straight forward and the communication from Original Cottages were simple and clear. For constructive criticism; there were few minor things that stopped us giving 10s across the board - there's a potentially dangerous sharp edge of metal with a nasty point on it in the bathroom on the shower door that needs fixing (along with the kitchen window which doesn't seem to latch or lock properly) . The velux windows don't have any means of setting them part open - there only seems to be the option of opening the trickle-vents or having the window wide open. The weather was hot, and the house became very stuffy. We would have liked to option to have ventilated the house without windows or doors wide open ( I'd guess for the cottages owners,theres a risk that some guests might go out leaving the veluxes wide open with the risk of damage to the carpets if its rains). As I said though, these were relatively minor things. Thank you all very much. We'd love to come back! The Robson Family
Overall, this was a gorgeous property in excellent location, but there were a few points which stopped us scoring top in all categories. The springs in the sofas and master bed were both a little worn, so comfort was not 100%. Also we couldn’t find the gadget to open Velux windows, so it was too hot upstairs - would have been a nightmare if the weather had been better! Thanks so much for a great stay. Would definitely stay here again though.
The Coach House was well equipped and the separate games room was full of things to keep children of all ages occupied on the inevitable odd rainy day. I would book this property again for a holiday in Northumberland.
Really lovely property in a great location. Great space. Child friendly - the playroom was well utilised. Everything you should need for a self catering week away
The Bamburgh Coach House itself is part of a recent prestigious farm building development of 12 properties, each having its own private parking and outdoor space.