- £1,220 per week
- £174 per night
- 8 Guests
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- No Pets
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Open fire or woodburner
- Welcome pack
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 2 double beds
- 2 single beds
- Washing machine
- 3 WCs
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Garden, courtyard or patio
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Private parking
- On one level, no stairs
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - please note
- Check in: 4pm
- Check out: 10am
Read the full Access Statement for this property.
When the sun goes down on a day at Bamburgh Beach House, they’ll be grains of sand in between your toes and a carefree smile on your face. This is seaside holidaying at its best. Just a short walk from Bamburgh beach, this is one of our most popular Retreats for its location, beach hut exterior, coastal chic décor and family friendly nature.
Bamburgh Beach House may appear like a beach hut from the outside, but inside, in true tardis-like fashion, the space takes on grander proportions both in size and in character. Designer wallpapers, coastal plantation shutters and jaunty nautical accessories define the decor. Add in its great location in Bamburgh village and we can ensure that a stay here will feel like a special holiday.
Featured in The Times '50 best cottages, beach houses and rural retreats', it has views of Bamburgh Castle from the front, fantastic timber play equipment in the garden for some off-beach fun, a log burner for snug nights in and a dreamy freestanding bath for some grown-up relaxation.
Please note: Many rooms have been fully refurbished since filming of the video tour and a new one will be coming soon. As such, please refer to the photographs for the most up-to-date look.
- Walking distance to Bamburgh beach, iconic castle and village
- Living room with cosy log burner
- Bamburgh Castle views from the front
- Kitchen/diner with patio doors to the garden
- Feature freestanding bath in the family bathroom
- Single storey accommodation, suited to children and those of limited mobility (there are a few steps up to the garden)
- Child-friendly lawned garden with play equipment
- Parking for two cars
- Leisure club membership (admission fee applies)
All single storey
- Kitchen/dining room with table for eight and glazed patio door to the garden
- Lounge with log burner, flat screen TV, and large comfy sofa
- Master bedroom with super king size bed and ensuite shower room
- Two further double bedrooms with double beds
- Twin bedroom with full size single beds
- Family bathroom with freestanding bath
- Further shower room with wc
- Front garden
- Landscaped rear garden with large timber play equipment and patio furniture
- Parking for two cars
- Oil central heating
- Log burner with a starter supply of logs
- Bedding and bath towels
- Starter supply of kitchen roll, dishwasher tablets, toilet roll, washing up liquid, salt and pepper
- Sewing kit
- First Aid kit
- Travel cot and high chair
- Cooker and hob
- Kitchen and tableware
- Coffee maker
- Washing machine
- Iron and ironing board
- Vacuum cleaner
- Mop, bucket, dustpan and brush
- Tea towels
- Dish cloths
- Oven gloves
- Smart TV
- Books and magazines
- Landline telephone with honesty box
- Toys and games
- Outdoor table and chairs
- Outdoor play equipment
- Key safe for independent arrival
- Leisure club membership (small entry charge applies)
AVAILABLE BY REQUEST
Extra linen and towels (charges apply)
There is only parking for two cars. Guests with additional vehicles can park in the beach car park or on the main road.
Bamburgh Beach House is set back off the main road into Bamburgh. Road noise is not an issue but you need to cross the road to get to the beach.
Mobile reception is difficult at this Retreat and in Bamburgh generally, but there is a landline in the house with a honesty box.
There is a washing machine but no tumble dryer.
This house is a family owned holiday home and as such is unsuitable for holding large parties. Small gatherings are, of course, welcome but no ‘open house’ please. Tents, hot tubs and mobile homes on the property are not permitted. Please refer to our Large Group advice list for further information.
Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
It is suitable for children of all ages and includes a private garden, outdoor play equipment and the beach is just a 10-minute walk across the dunes.
The house coped well with our two families and it was great being just a short walk from the beach.
Superb house, superb location!
Stayed before and this holiday exceeded the last. Amazing hamper. House homely and well decorated, kids dressing up fab, warm and cosy, nothing needs changing!
This house was perfect for us. We stayed a couple of years ago and it was great to see the addition of a new kitchen and new play equipment. The location close to Bamburgh is ideal and we will definitely consider this cottage again for next year. Thanks to everyone for helping us have another lovely holiday in Bamburgh and with Coastal Retreats.
There was only four of us so we didn't use a couple of bedrooms but the house felt cosy and comfortable for us. In fact, it was great in every way. We loved not having to use the car all of the time. The garden was a hit with the children and most evenings we went for a walk along the beach up towards the castle, even going in the sea on one occasion!