- £688 per week
- £98 per night
- 2 Guests
- 1 Bedroom
- 2 Bathrooms
- No Pets
- Open fire or woodburner
- Welcome pack
- Sea or coastal views
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- Washing machine
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Travel cot
- Garden, courtyard or patio
- Outdoor storage
- Private parking
- Secure bicycle storage
- Rural location
- Walk-in shower
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - please note
- Check in: 4pm
- Check out: 10am
Read the full Access Statement for this property.
Located on the outskirts of this pretty coastal village, just a short stroll to Embleton beach, The Lodge is an independent wing of an early 20th century country house which has been lovingly refurbished by its owner, Anne, who taking inspiration from the works of Charles Rennie Mackintosh has styled this couple's Retreat in homage to the Arts & Craft movement.
The Lodge is a peaceful haven for a couple looking to relax, take strolls around the extensive five-acre grounds of river, orchard and woodland or wander down to the white sands of Embleton Bay. Romantic and inspiring, there are walks along the river and through the woodland and orchard at this 20th Century art nouveau era country house with its clever blend of contemporary wallcoverings, beautiful fabrics, quirky items, oak and painted furniture, relaxing colours and up to the minute kitchen and bathrooms - all of which would not look out of place on the pages of household interior magazines. Spend the evenings on the decked area outside the cottage enjoying some freshly cooked produce from the garden and greenhouse, which is complimentary for guests, or snuggle up in the spacious lounge with its stylish log burner. The exceptional master bedroom has a large wet room, and there is an additional ground floor bathroom.
- Independent wing of an early 20th Century country house on the outskirts of Embleton
- Within 15 minutes walk of Embleton Bay
- Open plan living area with log burner
- Well-equipped kitchen with window seat
- Grand master bedroom with choice of twin or superking beds (please request on booking)
- Bathrobes provided in the large ensuite bathroom
- Shower with grabrail
- Tranquil country setting with access to five acres of beautiful grounds, including a river, orchard and woodland
- Distant sea views from the living room, bedroom and outside decked area
- Private leisure club membership (entry fee applies)
- Covered storage for cyclists and use of two bikes
- Within walking distance of Embleton's pubs, restaurants, village store, golf club and tea rooms
- Large open plan lounge/kitchen/dining room with patio doors to the garden and cosy log burner
- Family bathroom/WC
- Spacious upstairs master bedroom with en suite bathroom and large walk in wet room style shower (big enough for two!) and free standing over sized bath (big enough for two!)
- Large timber decking area and private garden space with garden furniture
- The use of five acres of woodland, orchard, lawn and river frontage
- Covered space for storage of bikes
- Oil central heating
- Log burner with a starter supply of logs
- Bedding and bath towels
- Starter supply of kitchen roll, dishwasher tablets, toilet roll, washing up liquid, salt and pepper
- Sewing kit
- First Aid kit
- Travel cot and high chair
- Cooker and hob
- Kitchen and tableware
- DeLonghi Caffe Treviso Espresso machine
- Iron and ironing board
- Vacuum cleaner
- Mop, bucket, dustpan and brush
- Tea towels
- Dish cloths
- Oven gloves
- Smart TV
- Books and magazines
- Landline telephone with honesty box
- Outdoor table and chairs
- Use of two bikes (please bring your own helmets)
- Golf clubs
- Key safe for independent arrival
- Leisure club membership (small entry charge applies)
AVAILABLE BY REQUEST
Extra linen and towels (charges apply)
The Lodge is attached to the owner's house but privacy should not be an issue, although you may see the owner walking past to the greenhouse occasionally! Mobile reception can be erratic at the Lodge and in Embleton generally, but there is a landline phone.
Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
Really only suitable for a babe in arms, but The Lodge has played host to a few toddlers too.
The cottage was perfect, so thanks for guiding us to the Lodge for our special anniversary holiday.
Our honeymoon has been memorable and special. We will be back. We might even make this an annual event! Thank you so much for the arrival champagne, it was a lovely wedding gift.
It was just what I needed. So peaceful. Was an apt way to end my holiday in preparation for my return to work. Property was wonderful. One of the best I have stayed in. Thanks for going the extra mile and sorting it for me.
A hidden gem. Peaceful, homely, comfortable, great views, lovely gardens, handy for coffees at the golf club and drinks in the beer garden at the Dunstanburgh Hotel in Embleton. A great little find. Think we'll be back and will recommend to friends who will love this cottage.
The cottage was idyllic within a peaceful setting with easy access to all the places we wanted to visit. We loved the Rennie Mackintosh style of decoration, much appreciated the comfortable furnishing, the well equipped kitchen and the lovely outside decking with fabulous views. In fact cannot fault anything. The owners were lovely too, friendly and concerned that we had everything we needed. Will definitely return. Have used Coastal Retreats once before, and remain impressed by the excellent standard you ensure - not to mention the bonus of the welcoming gifts you provide! Thank you.
I cannot express in words what an amazing time we have had in the area. The Lodge was first class, the owners greeted us not long after we arrived and were really helpful in giving us tips about the area. The delivery from Food Heaven was excellent and the produce we ordered was delicious.
We love the area and have been visiting it since the 1970s; we enjoyed the cottage very much because, although only for two, it had a sense of space, comfort and homeliness which is often difficult to find in small cottages. This was enhanced by the wonderful terrace and garden on our doorstep, a wonderful bonus given that, because of the exceptional circumstances of this year, we were able to avoid the crowded coast and relax in peace. The owners came to talk to us and were very welcoming; we also ordered a food delivery through Food Heaven and it was worth every penny, delicious and very good quality. We think Coastal/Country Retreats are very efficient, have very high standards and we would have complete faith in booking with you once more.
We have stayed at the Lodge five times and love it. The owners always make us very welcome and everything about the Lodge and our week staying there was perfect.
The Lodge was perfect - I chose its facilities and location very carefully and they did not disappoint. Extremely high quality property as reviewed on your website.
We loved the peaceful location, did the walk down to Embleton beach several times, spent hours on the deck reading books and drinking wine and even ventured to the Ocean Club which was a wonderful surprise. We went in the evening when there were no children around and it was a perfect way to round off the day. The dimmed lights, the quiet pool and the loungers made it quite a romantic place for couples like us!
For further information on the area, see our Craster and Embleton section.