- £754 per week
- £108 per night
- 5 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 2 Pets
- Open fire or woodburner
- Welcome pack
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 2 single beds
- 1 sofa bed
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Garden, courtyard or patio
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Outdoor storage
- Private parking
- Rural location
Important - please note
- Check in: 4pm
- Check out: 10am
Read the full Access Statement for this property.
Experience what it is like to stay in your own country pub (sorry beer not provided!) at this former 18th Century ale house just a short walk from the popular coastal village of Craster. From the beautiful vintage furniture, handpainted as part of its recent renovation, to the grand inglenook fireplace, this cottage has a real sense of history with appealing contemporary flourishes.
The Old Ale House is a real gem of a holiday cottage. Let your cares drift away in the freestanding, claw-footed bath, snuggle up by the log burner, or try your hand at the owner’s favourite seafood recipe on the wall of the dining kitchen. At just a minute’s walk from the pub, and 10 minutes from the centre of Craster village with its dining options, you’ll be delighted that The Old Ale House is now your holiday home and no longer a pub! Fun and quirky, this house will offer couples, or up to five guests (with a sofa bed on request), a great getaway.
- Period cottage in Dunstan, Craster with many original features
- Cosy living room with log burner set in stone inglenook fireplace
- Dining kitchen with range cooker and door opening onto the courtyard garden
- Bathroom with roll top bath and separate shower cubicle
- Sofa bed for fifth child guest in master bedroom (on request only)
- A short walk from the nearest pub and a 10 minute walk from Craster's pub, coastline and eateries
- Private leisure club membership (entry fee applies)
- Entrance hallway
- Living room with log burner
- Down one step to kitchen/diner
- Utility area
- Rear porch
- Bedroom 1 with king size bed and single sofa bed to suit child (to be requested at time of booking)
- Bedroom 2 with twin beds
- House bathroom with freestanding bath and separate shower cubicle
- Gravelled parking to the front for up to 3 cars
- Gravelled and planted rear courtyard garden area with seating
- Oil central heating
- Log burner with a starter supply of logs
- Bedding and bath towels
- Starter supply of kitchen roll, dishwasher tablets, toilet roll, washing up liquid, salt and pepper
- Sewing kit
- First Aid kit
- Travel cot and high chair
- Range cooker and hob
- Kitchen and tableware
- Coffee maker
- Washing machine
- Iron and ironing board
- Vacuum cleaner
- Mop, bucket, dustpan and brush
- Tea towels
- Dish cloths
- Oven gloves
- Smart TV
- Books and magazines
- Landline telephone with honesty box
- Toys and games
- Outdoor table and chairs
- Key safe for independent arrival
- Leisure club membership (small entry charge applies)
AVAILABLE BY REQUEST
Extra linen and towels (charges apply)
The Old Ale House is situated on the narrow road through Dunstan village into Craster. It is not a busy road at all but those with young children may wish to take note. The rear courtyard garden is fully enclosed. There is a washing machine but no tumble dryer.
Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
It is suitable for children of all ages and includes an enclosed gravelled garden to the rear. The front garden is not fenced and leads straight onto the road. It also offers flexible sleeping arrangements with the addition of a sofa bed in the master bedroom. Please request this amenity at the time of booking.
The cottage is really well presented with very attractive decor throughout. We had a lovely week, the cottage was ideal for us, warm and well equipped and we would definitely go there again.
We have stayed in many holiday cottages and villas over the years and the Old Ale House is amongst the very best. Very impressed with your standards and will not hesitate to use Coastal Retreats again.
I was very happy indeed with the Ale House. I appreciated the quality of the welcome pack , the lovely fluffy towels and quality sheets and such a well equipped kitchen.
Clean, comfortable, cosy, warm, stylish, full of character and in a good location for exploring the area and walking down into Craster.
Best website. Best customer care. Best service. Best cottage for the week we needed. Thanks to everyone who looks after the Ale House and keep up the good work!
Close to Craster, close to Bamburgh, close to Alnwick. A great little location for this cottage. Perfect for us as we were out exploring somewhere new every day. The cottage was great. No problems at all and we felt it was our home for the week. We settled in very quickly and were very impressed with the décor and the whole service provided by Coastal Retreats.
We really loved this cottage. My children didn't want to leave. The walk down to the village was great and we enjoyed our stroll down to Craster on a few evenings having supper in The Jolly Fisherman and the restaurant next to Robson's smokery. Hardly used the car. When we did, we didn't have to travel very far to find interesting little villages, a local pub and a fabulous beach. This was our first time in Northumberland and we're now hooked. The children have asked for us to come again next summer.