- £797 per week
- £114 per night
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- No Pets
- Open fire or woodburner
- Welcome pack
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 1 single Zip&Link bed
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Travel cot
- Garden, courtyard or patio
- Private parking
- Walk-in shower
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 10:00am
Drive past Craster's picturesque harbour and take a right at the village pub. A row of quaint whinstone cottages runs up the hill, but sneak behind them, into the driveway of Red Herring, and you'll find a spacious haven of contemporary design within a 200 year old shell - not quite what you'd be expecting.
The designer owners have immersed themselves in the character of this former school house, to bring it back to life, acknowledging original features but adding their own style print to meet their exacting demands for a holiday home. The interior remodelling reflects their awareness of light and space and their love of Craster and all things coastal. Flexible bed arrangements in the second bedroom make this house suitable for both couples or a family with children, with a log burner adding all year round appeal.
You’ll find a hint of the Nordic in Red Herring, with carefully chosen colours, unique contemporary bespoke furniture pieces handcrafted from locally sourced timber such as sycamore and elm, and the odd upcycled vintage item too.
- A beautiful 200-year-old character cottage in a central Craster village location just 100m from the harbour and pub.
- Open plan living, kitchen and dining space opening onto outdoor seating and cooking area.
- Log burner in original inglenook fireplace.
- Ideal for couples or families with two bedrooms and two bathrooms.
- Master bedroom with exposed roof timbers, ensuite shower room and Juliet balcony with sea views over the rooftops.
- Bedroom two with flexible bed arrangements (twin or superking) and adjacent bathroom.
- Enclosed and private south facing outdoor landscaped garden and parking for two cars.
- Great walks from the doorstep to Dunstanburgh Castle to the north and Howick to the south.
- Open plan living, kitchen and dining space with doors to garden/patio area
- Log burner with original inglenook surround
- Small utility cupboard.
- Master bedroom with king size bed and ensuite shower room
- Bedroom two with zip/link twin or superking bed (please select on booking otherwise will be ‘as found’)
- House bathroom with bath and shower over.
- Parking for two cars leading to landscaped seating area and planting
- Patio with table and seating.
- Electric heating
- Log burner with a starter supply of logs
- Bedding and bath towels
- Starter supply of kitchen roll, dishwasher tablets, toilet roll, washing up liquid, salt and pepper
- Sewing kit
- First Aid kit
- Travel cot and high chair
- Cooker and hob
- Kitchen and tableware
- Dolce Gusto coffee machine
- Iron and ironing board
- Vacuum cleaner
- Mop, bucket, dustpan and brush
- Tea towels
- Dish cloths
- Oven gloves
- Smart TV
- Books and magazines
- Landline telephone with honesty box
- Outdoor table and chairs
- Key safe for independent arrival
AVAILABLE BY REQUEST
Extra linen and towels (charges apply)
There is private parking for two cars but it is approached by a narrow driveway so entering in a large or extra wide vehicle should be undertaken with care.
Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
It is suitable for children of all ages and has an enclosed patio garden, flexible bed arrangements and is located just a short walk from the harbour and the rocks for rockpooling.
For further information on the area, see our Craster pages.