Seahouses, Northumberland Coastal
- Special OfferUp to 15% off Special Offer Discount - selected dates
- Special OfferSave 10% on holidays between 1st November and 21st December
- Special OfferSave 10% on holidays between 5th January and 8th February 2024
- Special OfferSave 15% on Christmas & New year holidays between 22nd December & 4th January
- £767 per week
- £110 per night
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- No Pets
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Sea or coastal views
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 2 single beds
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 2 WCs
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Garden, courtyard or patio
- Outdoor storage
- Private parking
- Secure bicycle storage
Important - please note
- Check in: 16:00
- Check out: 10:00
Read the full Access Statement for this property.
Bluegrass is a first-floor sea view apartment in the architecturally exciting development of luxury harbourside boltholes, @TheViking, centrally located in the seaside village of Seahouses. Designed to state-of-the-art Scandinavian specifications using timber stone and slate to harmonise with the surrounding coastal architecture, The Viking building offers superb contemporary holiday apartment accommodation.
Bluegrass leans towards the sea with its refreshing palette of natural and coastal colours. Enjoy the blue waters of the coast from the balcony where you can see The Farne Islands in the distance, or submerge yourself in the sofa, ideally positioned in the open plan living area to take in the views without you having to move an inch. The apartment is designed for ease of holidaying from the fully-equipped kitchen to the master bedroom with ensuite and TV, lift access and the excellent storage space offered by the private garage if you wish to bring your bikes or surfboards. At just a short walk to the beach, harbour and restaurants, this is one relaxed getaway.
- Sea views from the lounge and balcony
- Convenient harbourside location for boat trips to The Farne Islands
- Bathrobes and TV in master bedroom
- Walking distance to excellent pubs, restaurants and Seahouses beach
- Use of communal garden area with seating and uninterrupted views of Bamburgh Castle
- Facilities for cyclists - garage for storage and outdoor taps
- All on one level, accessible via a lift or stairs
All on one level
- Master bedroom with versatile zip and link bed (king or twin but will be available as a king unless otherwise requested)
- Ensuite bathroom to master bedroom (please note there is no shower in the ensuite)
- Bedroom two with twin beds
- Shower room with large step-in shower
- Spacious entrance hallway
- Balcony off living room with table and chairs
- Well equipped kitchen with integrated appliances including dishwasher, waste disposal and built in microwave
- Discreetly hidden utility cupboard with washer/dryer
- Security access
- Lift and stair access
- Private gated parking for one car
- Garage for storage of bikes, golf clubs, surfboards or 1 small car
- Communal garden with seating and sea, harbour and Farne Island views
- Electric heating
- Bedding and bath towels
- Starter supply of kitchen roll, dishwasher tablets, toilet roll, washing up liquid, salt and pepper
- First Aid kit
- Travel cot and high chair
- Cooker and hob
- Kitchen and tableware
- Coffee maker
- Iron and ironing board
- Vacuum cleaner
- Mop, bucket, dustpan and brush
- Tea towels
- Dish cloths
- Oven gloves
- Smart TV in lounge and bedroom
- Books and magazines
- Landline telephone with honesty box
- Toys and games
- Outdoor table and chairs
- Key safe for independent arrival
AVAILABLE BY REQUEST
Extra linen and towels (charges apply)
On arrival at the property, we were amazed to find the beds had not been made up or stripped from the previous guests. We were also unsure if the property had been cleaned. 3 housekeepers arrived at 4.40pm to change the linen and were surprised to see us there as according to their records, there was no let for our week. One of them was of the opinion that the property had not been cleaned as no Welcome Pack had been left and an empty bag had been left from the previous guests.
This was a lovely apartment, in a great location and was brilliantly equipped. Made for the perfect getaway.
Delighted with the holiday. Apartment is beautiful and the location is perfect. Will definitely be back.
The property was perfect. The company was stellar!
I was very disappointed that you had discontinued the welcome pack which we had appreciated on previous visits, especially as you didn’t inform us of this!! We had to go out on arrival to buy the basics which had always been provided before.
Property was as described and the images matched perfectly so we felt we knew the place already after passing it for a number of years. It was really comfortable and welcoming, very quiet and peaceful and we thoroughly enjoyed our break. We will definitely book again.
Scores would have been higher but for three problems. Firstly I asked that the main room was made as two singles and it wasn't so I had to sleep with my mum all week ...despite letting you know immediately on arrival of the error. Secondly the scaffolding. I was aware of it as I did the mighty hike past it on 16th July. However I do think you should inform guests of its presence prior to arrival. And thirdly...the scaffolding again. Part of it was removed whilst We were staying there and the noise was pretty bad. 2/7 mornings disturbed by scaffolding removal does not make for a restful holiday!
As a return customer to this property I happy with the cleanliness and presentation on the inside the property, however the balcony needed to be swept and the windows on the outside weren't to the normal standard. The external entrance and entrance door to the building was very disappointing, there was large amounts of pigeon faeces which clearly hadn't been cleaned for several weeks. I did clean it myself as the pigeon faeces was getting trampled into the building, which isn't satisfactory when on holiday. Once I had cleaned it it remained clean for the week.I do appreciate there is external scaffolding to the building at the present time but this shouldn't affect the cleanliness of the entrance. Also the heated towel rail in the main bathroom didn't work. I will book again as I know this is not usual standard for this property.
Location and property as described in advertising. However the bathroom floors were very dirty, as was the balcony which was covered in bird poo. We accept that this is likely to happen near the sea but on day one it should have been useable. Soap dispenser in the ensuite was obviously being reused as a layer of grime was very obvious around the top.
Even better if there were a shower in the en suite bedroom
An all round Super experience.
I thought the property was very good and a high standard that was spoilt by a couple of things only. The scaffolding around the building and the security gates were not working so lots of none residents wondered in to get a view of the sea etc. If it wasn't for these points I would have scored top marks for all.
Bluegrass is a very convenient place to stay, with lift to first floor and plenty of takeaway/restaurants and the Potted Lobster at Bamburgh. Lovely beaches
My daughter and I very much enjoyed our stay in Bluegrass, and the garage was appreciated as she had a new car. The seaside touches in the apartment were lovely. We enjoyed sitting on the balcony with a drink, enjoying the view. Bluegrass is very well positioned for seeing the sights in that part of the country.
Love this apartment. We have stayed here at least 9 times in the 11 years we have been visiting Seahouses. It’s close to all you need. Parking is great as you have a bay in a garage to use. The view we love and the apartment itself always feels are coming home.
A very good property in a prime location- perfect for shops and beach. The property is well appointed with a sea view and private parking. We would definitely book again.
For further information about the area, see our Seahouses section.