Swinhoe, near Beadnell
Driftwood adjoins Nook End & Seasalt and has the same layout and facilities. It is ideal for young families, couples and groups. With its light and airy feel and lots of nautical touches, you get a real sense of staying by the sea. Cream, linen, soft blues are used to great effect and the soft furnishings complement the space and furniture beautifully.
Shaker style kitchen with granite work tops, cream enamel log burner, painted furniture, timber beams, comfy sofas, pocket sprung mattresses, natural carpeting and some interesting contemporary canvases by Bill Hindmarsh, Alan Smith Page and Mick Oxley, help create a wonderful seaside home.
On two levels, the cottage is deceptively large. Built in stone, it was designed and built on the site of four derelict farm cottages. Popular with couples and families, it can also be booked Driftwood along with adjoining Nook End, or Seasalt for a large family holiday or with friends. Together they will accommodate up to 18 guests.
- Spacious living room with logburner and beams
- Distant sea views from the front of Driftwood
- Fully fitted dining kitchen with painted units and granite worktops
- Private enclosed lawned garden with table and chairs
- Use of shared large lawned garden with wendy house, football goal and sandpit, as well as the garden pod
- Two double bedrooms with king sized beds
- Outside tap for washing bikes, wellies, buckets & spades etc
- 3 mins drive to Beadnell beach and 15 mins drive to Alnwick Gardens
- Can be booked with neighbouring Seasalt or Nook End
- Guest Leisure Club Membership (admission fee applies)
- Garage for storage of bikes, small boats, kayaks etc
- Large lounge with comfy sofas, patio doors to rear decking and private garden & cream enamel log burner
- Kitchen/dining room with distant views of Beadnell Bay
- Separate shower room & WC on ground floor with large walk in shower
- Utility area with sink and washer/dryer
- Main bedroom with king size bed
- Second bedroom with king size bed
- 1 twin room with single bed and handmade galley bed (this bed is more suitable for children, although it is a full size single bed)
- Family bathroom with hand shower over bath (limited head room)
- Private enclosed rear garden with patio furniture
- Further large garden with popular garden pod and children’s play equipment
- Parking for up to 2 cars
- Garage for storage of bikes & boogie boards
Please note floor plans are not to scale but for illustration purposes only
Prices and Availability
In the small farming hamlet of Swinhoe, very close to the coast – you can see the sea from the cottage and the garden. It is about a mile from Beadnell beach and the village (20 minutes walk). Seahouses is approx 2 miles away. All the best beaches of Northumberland are within very easy access – Bamburgh, Seahouses, Newton, Embleton, Beadnell and are the popular villages of Craster, Warkworth and Alnmouth.
For further information on the area, see our Beadnell section
See here what’s included in our Retreats stays
Please note that all of our cottages are non-smoking and pets are not permitted at this cottage
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: 4pm ( 3pm from Nov-March)
The five starfish rating says it all – children will love the space, the swings, the wendy house, the trampoline….. Travel cot (please bring your own cot linen) and highchair available on request.
Great for families but also popular with couples looking for a cottage with space or wanting to invite friends along
Full oil-fired central heating and logburner in lounge
Please note: Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
The shower room is on the ground floor with the small bathroom upstairs. This is in the eaves so our taller guests need to be forewarned.
The large shared garden, exclusively for Nook end, Seasalt and Driftwood, is located across the service drive from the cottages, so not ideal for unsupervised toddlers. Vehicles do use the road so toddlers need a lesson in road safety. Ideal for older children as they can make their noise away from the cottages. Driftwood does have its own private garden too
Driftwood was beautifully presented and spotless - it was lovely to arrive at such a great property. So often self catering properties are not as nice as their description, but Driftwood was even better than we were hoping for! We'll definitely be recommending to our friends!
Many thanks for providing such a lovely, well equipped (better than my house!), well presented, comfortable and chintz free 'Driftwood' cottage. It was a real treat, a great weekend with friends and everybody thoroughly enjoyed our stay, even the weather was fine.
I will definitely be back and will also be recommending your beautiful cottages to friends and family. Once again, a huge thank you for helping to make the birthday weekend very special!'
This is our 4th holiday here. Need we say more?