£690 per week
- A beautiful 200-year-old character cottage in a central Craster village location just 100m from the harbour and pub.
- Open plan living, kitchen and dining space opening onto outdoor seating and cooking area.
- Log burner in original inglenook fireplace.
- Ideal for couples or families with two bedrooms and two bathrooms.
- Master bedroom with exposed roof timbers, ensuite shower room and Juliet balcony with sea views over the rooftops.
- Bedroom two with flexible bed arrangements (twin or superking) and adjacent bathroom.
- Enclosed and private south facing outdoor landscaped garden and parking for two cars.
- Great walks from the doorstep to Dunstanburgh Castle to the north and Howick to the south.
- Open plan living, kitchen and dining space with doors to garden/patio area
- Log burner with original inglenook surround
- Small utility cupboard.
- Master bedroom with king size bed and ensuite shower room
- Bedroom two with zip/link twin or superking bed (please select on booking otherwise will be ‘as found’)
- House bathroom with bath and shower over.
- Parking for two cars leading to landscaped seating area and planting
- Patio with table and seating.
Please note floor plans are not to scale but for illustration purposes only.
- Electric heating
- Log burner with a starter supply of logs
- Bedding and bath towels
- Starter supply of kitchen roll, dishwasher tablets, toilet roll, washing up liquid, salt and pepper
- Sewing kit
- First Aid kit
- Travel cot and high chair
- Cooker and hob
- Kitchen and tableware
- Coffee maker
- Iron and ironing board
- Vacuum cleaner
- Mop, bucket, dustpan and brush
- Tea towels
- Dish cloths
- Oven gloves
- Smart TV
- Books and magazines
- Landline telephone with honesty box
- Outdoor table and chairs
- Key safe for independent arrival
Extra linen and towels (charges apply)
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
Arrival: 4pm (3pm from Nov-March)
There is private parking for two cars but it is approached by a narrow driveway so entering in a large or extra wide vehicle should be undertaken with care.
All of our Retreats are non-smoking.
Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
Terms and Conditions
To assist you in finding the perfect place to stay, we have awarded our cottages a Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum style rating. This is based on our own standards and the award is given according to a mixture of criteria - location, aesthetic appeal, standard of luxury, facilities offered and style factors. For example, a Platinum award goes to our most stylish and all round exclusive properties and a Bronze award may go to a cottage that may be a little less refined in places but still meets the high standards necessary to fit into the collection.
RED HERRING IS A GOLD RETREAT WITH A 4 STAR CHILD FRIENDLY RATING
It is suitable for children of all ages and includes an enclosed patio garden, flexible sleeping arrangements and is located just a short walk from the harbour for playing in the sand at low tide and the coast for rockpooling.
Click here to see all of our Christmas and New Year arrival and departure dates.