Swinhoe, near Beadnell
Following a complete renovation, this cottage follows the successful formula of neighbouring Nook End and Driftwood and its styling brings a touch of Scandinavian chic to the Northumberland coast.
From the front garden, there’s a view to the sea about a mile away and to the side, a view of farmland and Bamburgh Castle in the distance – a great location for beach activities or access to the region’s castles and other attractions.
- Brings a touch of Scandinavian chic style to Northumberland
- Light and airy fully fitted kitchen with dining table and window seat
- Cosy log burner in the comfortable living room
- Private lawned garden and additional use of large shared garden
- Dedicated children's play corner with toys
- Desk for any holiday work needs
- Ground floor shower room and upstairs bathroom
- Guest Leisure Club Membership (admission fee applies)
- Garage for storage of bikes etc plus outdoor tap for cleaning equipment
- Hidden utilty cupboard with washer dryer
- Entrance hallway with utility area with washer/dryer
- Fully fitted kitchen with dining table to seat 6
- Good-sized living room with log burning stove and glazed door to garden and decking
- Rear hallway with desk, computer and printer for guests use plus kids reading and drawing area
- Ground floor shower room/WC
- Master bedroom with king-sized bed
- 2nd bedroom with double bed
- 3rd bedroom with single bed and additional galley style full sized single, making the perfect children’s bedroom
- Family bathroom with bath and heated towel rail
- Front courtyard style garden with seating area
- Rear enclosed private garden with decking, table and seating area
- Use of communal grassy area for children playing with swings, Garden Pod for adults and play area shared with neighbouring Nook End and Driftwood
- Use of private garage for storage of bikes, small boat, kayaks, boogie boards etc (outside tap for cleaning equipment available too)
Please note floor plans are not to scale but for illustration purposes only
Prices and Availability
About a mile from the village and beaches of Beadnell (20 minutes walk), in the hamlet of Swinhoe, in a mews of four cottages built in the 1990s, and close to a collection of original farm workers cottages. There are distant views to the sea and Bamburgh Castle from the front garden.
For further information on the area, see our Beadnell section
See here what’s included in our Retreats stays
Pleas note that all of our cottages are non-smoking/non vaping and pets are not permitted at this cottage
Facilities particular to Seasalt
Use of communal garden pod and play garden. Use of private garage for storage of bikes & boats
Krups Nespresso inissia machine ( perhaps bring some pods?)
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: 4pm ( 3pm from Nov-March)
Great cottage to book on its own, or with neighbouring Nook End and/or Driftwood who share the communal gardens. Enough privacy for a couple holidaying and simply wanting a little more space but equally good for those with a family who may appreciate the chance to meet other families using the shared facilities. Seasalt, Nook End and Driftwood together can sleep up to 18
The 5 starfish rating applies to this cottage where toys and games are supplied for younger guests and the use of the communal play area makes it ideal for children of all ages. There is a small dedicated reading and drawing nook in the hallway ideal for little ones. A travel cot (please bring your own cot linen), high chair and a bed rail are available on request.
Full oil central heating and logburner in living room
Please note: Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
The shower room is on the ground floor with the family bathroom upstairs. The bath has a hand held shower. The large shared garden, exclusively for Nook End, Driftwood and Seasalt, is located across the service drive from the cottages, so not ideal for unsupervised toddlers. Vehicles do use the road so toddlers need a lesson in road safety. Ideal for older children as they can make their noise away from the cottages. Each cottage does have its own private enclosed garden though, just off the living room, which is lovely for younger children.
So welcoming especially after such a long freezing journey in snow and rain. The fire was ready to light, the fairy lights on, the heating on full and a welcoming light in the hallway. We were welcomed by a lovely little goodie bag of treats and immediately opened the wine and felt at home. Our holiday had begun well
We expected to be further away from the sea than we were. We could even see the sea. It was fabulous. We will be booking this cottage again and bringing friends to stay in the two cottages next door. We had a quick peek at Driftwood on our departure and it looked just as gorgeous as Seasalt
Comfortable beds, comfortable sofas. What more do I need?
Seasalt is a credit to your collection