£577 per week
- Ideal accommodation for the annual Borders Book Festival, the famous Melrose Sevens Tournaments or for the Common Ridings
- Master bedroom with king size bed and luxurious ensuite shower room with underfloor heating
- High thread count White Company bed linen and rich coloured throws from local mills
- Spacious beamed living room with log burner
- Good sized dining kitchen with sofa, window seat and Nespresso coffee machine
- Large garden with furniture, children's swings and corner play fort
- Excellent quiet village location but easy access to shops and restaurants
- Just 40 minutes' drive from Edinburgh - easy day trip
- Bike storage facilities available on site
- Use of pool and leisure facilities at nearby Dryburgh Abbey Hotel (2 miles away) at a charge of £5 per adult and £2.50 for children - details in the cottage
- Link to a leading fishing guide, Tweed Guide, for a day or half day's fishing instruction on the river nearby - all ages and abilities catered for
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Kitchen/diner with table to seat up to six/eight guests
- Cosy living room with log burner
- Hallway with utility cupboard with washer/dryer
- Master bedroom with king size bed and ensuite shower room with underfloor heating, Fired Earth tiling and LED mood lighting
- Second bedroom with flexible zip and link twin or superking beds (limited headroom when superking due to sloping ceilings). Please request at time of booking otherwise will be 'as found'
- Family bathroom with bath and shower over
- Large lawned garden with patio terrace, outdoor furniture and swings
- Road parking at the front for one car and private parking for another car on a track to the rear (although please note access is tight)
- Bike store
Please note floor plans are not to scale but for illustration purposes only.
- LPG central heating
- Underfloor heating in kitchen and ensuite
- Log burner with a starter supply of logs
- Bedding and bath towels
- Starter supply of kitchen roll, dishwasher tablets, toilet roll, washing up liquid, salt and pepper
- Sewing kit
- First Aid kit
- Travel cot and high chair
- Cooker and hob
- Kitchen and tableware
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Iron and ironing board
- Vacuum cleaner
- Mop, bucket, dustpan and brush
- Tea towels
- Dish cloths
- Oven gloves
- Smart TV
- Books and magazines
- Landline telephone with honesty box
- Toys and games
- Outdoor table and chairs
- Outdoor play equipment
- Bike storage shed
- Key safe for independent arrival
- Book your own salmon fishing
Extra linen and towels (charges apply)
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
Arrival: 4pm (3pm from Nov-March)
The stairs in this old cottage are quirky and a little steep so may be a little tricky for those of limited mobility but fine for everyone else. Upstairs, the ceilings are quite low, particularly if the second bedroom is made up as a superking. The front door parking is in a narrow layby by the house on the road (a small very quiet country lane which is not a through road) and the private parking at the rear is on a stoned track, tight space but feasible - you may prefer this for loading and unloading, especially with little ones. Otherwise, the perfect Scottish Retreat.
All of our Retreats are non-smoking.
Whilst we take great care to represent our properties and their facilities as accurately as possible, the décor, furnishings and facilities shown in images and video tours may occasionally be subject to minor change.
Terms and Conditions
To assist you in finding the perfect place to stay, we have awarded our cottages a Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum style rating. This is based on our own standards and the award is given according to a mixture of criteria - location, aesthetic appeal, standard of luxury, facilities offered and style factors.
For example, a Platinum award goes to our most stylish and all round exclusive properties and a Bronze award may go to a cottage that may be a little less refined in places but still meets the high standards necessary to fit into the collection.
TWEEDSWOOD IS A GOLD RETREAT WITH A 4 STAR CHILD FRIENDLY RATING
It is suitable for children of all ages and includes a private garden and outdoor play equipment. There are also many child-friendly activities within driving distance of the cottage.
IN THE PRESS
Featured in Scottish Wedding Directory magazine
Click here to see all of our Christmas and New Year arrival and departure dates.